Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…wouldnt be worrying about that chap, doesnt have a hope…..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What was confirmed true? If it was so damaging why wasn't it brought up in the fbi/house investigations?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,602 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How can you not care who wins? Either you have no concept of the impact that the USA has over the world or you have no understanding of how despicable a person Trump is and the litany of crimes and awful actions he has done.

You may well not think Biden should be POTUS, but it's an odd position to take that you simply don't care which one wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.

Donald Trump…

Their speeches he disagrees with and thinks ridiculous and abysmal BUT ANYTHING THEY DO, he wishes them luck [with], but he has nothing to do with them. I wonder what the ANYTHING THEY DO [acts, not words] that he wants nothing to do with is likely to be is. He obviously has thoughts about THEM AND IT that he felt it necessary to issue a denial of involvement in advance of whatever they do…..

• Advertisement

Not being able to have an impact and not caring are two different things.

If you didn't care then you wouldn't be complaining that people are backing Biden.

Biden has clearly age related issues, but he isn't a corpse and to date has been a very successful POTUS.

Trump supporters are not interested in their own country. They hate almost everything about it. They hate the lack of religion in schools. They hate women having a choice on abortion. They implicitly want the US to go back to a different time - just ensure when it is - but certainly not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

On Jan 6th, 2021, President Trump tweeted the following,

"Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

Now, to me, that sounds like a man who demands loyalty to him over loyalty to the US Constitution (in the event where these interests diverge). The idea that Donald Trump would rebuff the offer of a civil service loyal to him and his backers' political project is pretty tenuous to put it mildly, as is the idea that Trump was actually trying to protect the US Constitution through his baseless demands. He wasn't. Little spoiler, there. He just wanted to retain power.

Whether the statements from both sides about their chosen being old and doddery is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Meanwhile, many Biden supporters/democrats hate the US so much that they are triggered at the sight of an American flag and even chant "death to America"...in America. You couldn't make it up. The country is absolutely fucked and it's probably too late to turn back to normality now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dems might be triggered by an American flag, but it would be one of those illegal and disrespectful ones that have Trump's face on them. I defy you to find one with Biden's face on it. Can you post a bit of video of Democrats chanting 'death to America' please.

Trump supporters stormed the capital to try to overturn democracy.

Trump said he would pardon them all.

Trump supporters hate America.

I have already said I question his condition but you cannot equate the two. If Biden condition continues to deteriorate he can be replaced.

Trump has already shown he is a criminal, wants to overturn democracy, stole and then refused to return classified documents. The list goes on and on.

Biden certainly carries a risk. There is no 'risk' with Trump as we already know with certainty what he is like.

You are arguing that we ignore all that we know of Trump and the basis of what may happen with Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

@hollowden

Trump supporters from what i can see hate LGBTQ and all the other lefty stuff that is forced on people, they want strict immigration control, i can see there point albeit extreme, there's a month dedicated to honoring some adolescent rainbow hair goth for he/shes bravery, while WW2 veterans get a day.. i mean logically you can see why people are pissed off.

What I find problematic is that this 'lefty stuff' (often referred to as 'woke') is only vaguely defined, and I think that's sort of the point. To leave it vague, I mean. That way, you can form a broad consensus across the political right and reaching into the centre somewhat by having people agree they dislike lefty/woke overreach, even though each agreeing individual may have a different personal definition of what this overreach means, i.e. where the line is.

Most people would agree that a bogeyman concept like, 'drag queen storytime' is a bit much (not that I've seen any drag queens marching into schools). On the other hand, rolling back on gay marriage (in the sense of a civil union) would be seen as more extreme. Something very interesting I came across not too long ago was this clip of Joe Rogan and Matt Walsh disagreeing over gay marriage,

Now, Walsh has made a name for himself in recent years as one of those common-sense conservative critics of lefty/woke overreach. You may have seen his recent 'What is a Woman?' documentary, for example. But in this clip, it becomes evident that he's sceptical of a maybe few more things that I thought were fairly settled cultural issues and this illustrates a concern I would have about those who bleat on about these crazy niche things - that their desired society is probably considerably more regressive than they're letting on and that they use the craziest examples of woke/'lefty stuff' in order to raise support for their movements, gain power, and then once in power, actually be a lot more heavy-handed in their rollbacks of civil liberties.

It would be interesting to throw a questionnaire around to people who complain about 'woke'/lefty stuff, with various entries under various headings around LGBT or societal supports or race and see what they tick off and find out where the real centre of gravity is. Right now, I'm highly concerned that people like Walsh are 'hiding their power level' to some extent, and helping that is deliberate vagueness about what they don't like. I don't trust it, and would like to see it more sharply defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Problem with that argument is that America was going well under trump, especially for the bottom half of society, it was also safer. Cheaper to live in and accommodation more affordable .

But Trump..., project 2025, turning frogs gays, he is a Jew lover, end of democracy, etc etc all that doesn't wash when the world didn't end the last time he was in. Change the record if ye want to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Stanley 1

Don't think the Pentagon/US Generals will obey orders from Trump on Day one, if he gets elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So all the generals are going to obey orders, that's treason, maybe they are not internet warriors pretending that Trump being reelected is of any real political significance.

As John McEnroe [being a US citizen] would say: you cannot be serious… America was going well under Trump, especially for the bottom half of society. Which bottom half of society do you believe enjoyed life under Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

I think if Trump does get elected he will not get the US involved in any wars. He seemed very avoidance of war during his last term.

I think he will end the war in Ukraine, although Russia will get to keep a chunk of Ukraine. Zelensky will agree to that with strong guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Your first paragraph is just nonsense that's been debunked many times. Just Google it.

I don't think Zelensky survives a Trump presidency, and him being imprisoned by Russia will be one of the conditions of the Ukrainian surrender. No way Putin lets him walk away from this. That would not be a sign of a "strong man".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

What surrender? Why would Ukraine surrender? I think Trump would organise a short negotiated settlement. Putin will get a chunk of Ukraine, that will be enough for him.

Advertisement