Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Council house ireland

• 25-05-2024 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello I am new to this ..so my landlord is selling up and I have been offered my first council house after 20yrs on the list it's in a different town but I'm excited,they wouldn't let me view inside is this normal also I went to have a peek yesterday and the outside has rubbish at the side and it looks very grubby I am wondering what will the council do before I move in do they still paint it and will they remove the rubbish and that from the previous tenants thanks in advance I would really appreciate any advice I am so happy to have finally got my forever home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

What did the Council say when you asked them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 moll55

I just got the letter yesterday and went over to have a look so haven't spoken to them yet as it's Saturday I am just wondering what do they do to get the house ready ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If they think you're a pushover they'll just hand you the key and leave you to get on with it and that's how you'll be treated with future problems etc. Call in to them on Monday and ask them what condition will the house be in, don't be a Karen about it but take no messing either.

Ok I don't want it redecorating or anything just a basic clean so I can move in I can do the rest bit by bit thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Insist on a walk through first, you need to make sure there are no leaks etc. How old is the house?

• Advertisement

Over 14yrs old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They will have to remove the rubbish and most likely will paint the interior at least. You're getting it at the perfect time with local elections about to happen. Contact every sitting councillor in your area and ask them what they can do for you.

I personally know of people that have been handed cheques to help them make their new council house a home to their taste.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I have a councillor which were very good. In helping me get the house as my landlord is selling up and the house is actually sold ,I was on the waiting list nearly 20yrs so I don't really know much about what help I will receive and if the council will get rid of rubbish etc IV only seen the outside as long as it's clean I can do the rest over time to make a home ,

Advertisement