Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump in apartment constantly needs to be reset

Options
  • 25-05-2024 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

I live in an apartment and the water pump stopped working about a year and a half ago. A brief internet search suggested "resetting" the pump by temporarily shutting down electricity to it. I tried this (restored electricity about 15 - 20 seconds). Everything worked fine.

About two months ago the same thing happened and the same solution worked fine. However, in the last week or so the pump constantly needs to be reset (initially every day but lately 2 or 3 times a day).

This morning I reset it and the cold taps are fine but the hot ones are not producing water so I'm guessing there is air in the system.

Before I call a professional I'm wondering if there is anything a "have a go hero" like my good self can do. I'm in the apartment about 6 years and the building itself was built in 2006. I'm guessing it's the original pump so maybe I just need to replace it (18 years isn't bad service from something with moving parts I'm guessing). However, a quick check here to see if I can save myself a few bob seems reasonable.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement