Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday accommodation

Options
  • 25-05-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but looking for some suggestions for holiday accommodation in Ireland. We are a family group, parents, kids & grandkids looking for somewhere to all stay together for a weekend. Hotel prices are extortionate, esp when travelling with teenagers.

So, we are thinking of somewhere that would accommodate the older people in the group in comfortable self catering accommodation and with glamping/camping facilities or just a group of self catering cottages close enough to one another that we are all together but also have the option to disappear into our own accommodation!

A large house would be great but some of the group are not keen on this idea!!

Ages range from 80 to 2!

(We are based in Meath)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Myself and my family did a similar family trip to the Clifden Station house last summer. Ages were 72ish to 4ish and also included a dog! My sister and her family rented one of their self catering townhouse/apartments and the rest of us booked our own hotel rooms. Had a lovely weekend, pool, bar, some did Kylemore Abbey and some climbed Diamond Hill. All met up in the evening for dinner and drinks. Really nice time. Trying to organise something this year again but so hard to get a weekend to suit everyone. Hope ye find something suitable. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Juanitag

Thanks so much! It’s so hard to organise! Clifden SH sounds like it would be ideal - the mix of the self catering option and a hotel would be great. I’ll check it out.

Good luck with your search 😊

Advertisement