Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone flown Jet Blue to Boston (core/economy)?

Options
  • 25-05-2024 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

have to unexpectedly go to Boston with one of the kids this weekend.

He’s a very fussy eater. Any idea of what the menu is or should I buy him a sandwich and snacks in the airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭moonshy2022

eat in terminal before you fly. Then snack on the airplane to keep you going. I wouldn’t be relying on the airplane food to fill you or him up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

They dont have hot food onboard. You get to choose 3 of a range of 5 cold salad type options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

eek…. Might get myself something hot in the airport too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

got back earlier.

Food eastbound is way better than westbound.

a warm choice would be welcome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They are using a domestic US aircraft specification which doesn't have ovens installed in the back so no hot food unless in business. There is no complementary hot meal on 6+ hour domestic US flights…

Select other routes in Europe get the newer aircraft which has a cabin fitted out so everyone can get a hot meal

• Advertisement

They currently have around 7 A321LRs, these are used for LGW, LHR, CDG and AMS. With 2-3 more on order.
    DUB and EDI are getting the domestic configured A321neo. I expect DUB and EDI to get the A321LRs next summer.

16/144 on the A321neo, 24/115 on the A321LR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Significantly less than the 184 EI have in their config, particularly the LR, must be banking on J yields to make it up.

Also, 3 flight deck on US dollar >500K total versus 2 flight deck on maybe Euro 200K total.

5 cabin crew versus 4 probably ends up similar.

Advertisement