Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Appeal Warning - "uncivil" for suggesting use of boards Ignore feature

• 25-05-2024 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

I'd like to appeal to remove a warning appllied to my account by moderator Beasty.

"uncivil - attack the post, not the poster"

The moderator has claimed I attacked a poster that I have blocked on boards.

I was replying to another poster that the Ignore feature boards provides is a good way to keep the debate clear, as they were suggesting certain "rota" posters are trying to shut down the debate and silence them.

I cannot see any posts that the moderator claims I'm being uncivil to as I use the ignore feature boards provides . I reached out to Beasty first to discuss the warning. He has ignored my point that I can't see posts from said poster and just claimed I block posters I don't agree with. I've shown was not true with plenty of examples in the thread.

I asked Beasty to escalate this warning or pass on information as to how to do this. This was ignored also. I can provide the full message thread if necessary if this can be looked into.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@Ten of Swords @ancapailldorcha If you could please review, this has been sitting for far too long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hi Puma, apologies for the delay.

Please post the PM exchange where you attempted to resolve this with the mod

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭_Puma_

@Ten of Swords @ancapailldorcha

Sure here is a paste dump of the DM's. I stopped engaging with the moderator in question after they again claimed i was targeting a poster whose posts i cant see on Boards due to using the the Ignore feature boards provides. I cannot see the link at the head of the post the mod is claiming I am targeting. I have also stopped posting in that thread due to the uncertainty around the moderating and the fact that my account could be banned due to it

• Which poster is this "attack" directed at?
    • Beasty May 21

The poster the quoted post was replying to

And it would appear anyone else having differing views to your own

• _Puma_ May 21

Clearly state rota posters in my comment. By this logic you are inferring the person quoted in the original post is a rota poster which wasn't in my post that you are warning me for?

Your assertation that it's anybody who diagress comes across as as an anecdote Beasty, maybe from the same people whos reports you chose to action but ignore the rest of us.

• Beasty May 22

You are admitting to referring to posters, of which the poster I referred to is one. That is being uncivil to those posters

• _Puma_ May 22

Your going to have to explain that one Beasty. Admitting what? What you have inferred is not what is in the post.

The original poster is complaining about attempts to silence them.
      I responded that rota posters should be Ignored (a feature Boards makes available) to see the real debate in the thread.
      I never made a comment regarding the post the original poster was responding to (nor do i see it because they are Ignored) I actually had to click in and unblock to see the post you claim I'm being uncivil to.
      You warn me to being uncivil to a poster whose posts I cant see.
      You claim I am blocking anyone i don't agree with - another unsubstantiated claim with plenty of examples in the thread of the contrary. I simply Ignore the rota posters.
      Your now claiming I'm being uncivil to posters I cant interact with due to employing the ignore feature boards provides.

Can you please escalate this discussion or let me know how I can escalate to remove the warning on my account

Thanks

• Beasty May 22

Were you or were you not referring to other posters?

• _Puma_ May 22

Of course. Posters I've identified and blocked due to the incessant derailing and rota posting. Whom you won't deal with in thread after numerous reports and hence having to resort to the means Boards provides. You can take a look at the ignore list if you please.

Use your logic

Another poster has complained about the same thing, certain subset of poster who are attempting to shut down the debate.

I responded that they should use the block and ignore feature boards povides to block rota posters.

You are claiming I'm being uncivil to these posters, whose posts I can't see. A moderation action usually reserved for clear examples of targeted uncivility(how can I be uncivil to posts I can't see?)

You further incsinuate I block posters I don't agree with. Again another untrue claim plenty of examples to prove otherwise is that thread.

I've answered your question. I'd appreciate if you could respond to request for an escalation to remove the warning please.

• Beasty May 22

What is the topic?

Why are you discussing other posters. They are not the topic. They are never the topic. To discuss them like that is uncivil

• _Puma_ May 22

I'm responding to a poster who has claimed the same thing I've experienced with advice I myself am using.

There was nothing uncivil about it, and certainly not that I can control to people who I cannot interact with on boards.

If you are claiming some sort of abstract hurty words scenario I think you are stretching it a little to be honest.

• _Puma_ May 30

Still waiting on a response bother here and on the post in Dr.

Meanwhile our rota posters that I chose to ignore wouldn't possibly be engaging in the following

Forwarded

Comrades,

Further to our meeting last night which ended abruptly...thanks to Susan, I just wanted to remind all to make sure of the following

1. Ensure you have your Alt accounts up to date password etc. You're each required to have 5
      2. keep the comments short, it's all about time efficiency on our end while wasting as much of theirs as possible
      3. remember to use the buzz words we discussed for the various party members IF, immigration, Canadian wife, drugs conviction fascist Nazi

IFP. Ukip, West Brit, Farage, fascist, Nazi,

NP Gold, Nazi, Fascist, thugs, payriots.

Those are the words most likely to trigger a response.

Use the full spelling of Fascist as it is more likely to show up under a search for their names

1. don't engage after that.. remember we don't debate fascists

Happy hunting

Yours in Solidarity

Paul

8:43 PM

• Beasty May 31

Never discuss other users. They are not the topic. The topic is Ireland's refugee policy

• _Puma_ June 1

I didn't make a specific comment about an individual user. This has been pointed out to you now an numerous occasions so I can only assume you are willfully ignoring my point.

One last time. My comment to use the ignore functionality that board provides is a suggestion to another user. I don't see that the original poster has quoted another post because I can't see that post. Using the ignore feature is now a suggestion multiple other users are now making in the same thread (you can't keep claiming your hurty words scenario now either without banning everyone)

Your now lying to validate your position on this.

• Beasty June 1

The post you quoted made it very clear who you were discussing

If yoiu wish to make a suggestion to another user you can PM them. NEVER try and do anything like that in-thread

• _Puma_ June 3

Why do you continue to ignore that I can't see the post you are claiming.

Utterly perplexing

• _Puma_ June 3

Ive been on boards for a long long time and have stood by the mods through thick and thin. You I'm afraid have taken the biscuit

• Beasty June 3

Currently on mobile making linking difficult

Look at the PM at the head of this conversation. It quotes the post that was sanctioned. Now look at the post you quoted by Will0834. Now click on the date next to the username (May 14 2024). That brings you to the post you quoted which was replying to Goldengirl. It is clear you were referring to Goldengirl and other users with your comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Puma,

From reading back some of the previous posts on the thread it is clear as day who you were referring to and what you meant by your post when you refer to 'rota posters'.

You are not discussing the topic, you are discussing specific posters - you were not educating anybody on how to use the ignore function.

I am upholding the mod warning, please let me know if you want an admin to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭_Puma_

No there is no need. This can be resolved if that's the 2 moderators of that threads opinion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement