Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AppleCare+ for iPhone 15 Pro Max - Worth the monthly?

Options
  • 26-05-2024 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if you’ve found the AppleCare+ add on to be worth the monthly cost or is there an alternative you’ve found to be as good but cheaper?

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max recently and have 2 days left on the AppleCare+ window.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I have found that buying AppleCare gives me peace of mind. I have bought it for iPhone and for Apple Watch, but never needed to use it. It will depend on you and your opinion if it's worth it or not, the cost can be expensive. Some people put their devices one their home insurance, but I don't know if making claims against that would increase your premium. Just my "two cents worth"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think it's very expensive for what it is and depends what care you need.

If it's against damage then a cheap case and a screen protector will work out best.

If you want insurance against theft and insurance then it's €299 or almost €150 per year which I think is a ridiculous price when compared to the value of the phone.

Check out your home insurance possibilities, gadget device companies or just take the chance and weigh up how likely is your phone to be lost or stolen?

Advertisement