Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet connection

Options
  • 26-05-2024 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Edit - solved

Hi All,

I disconnected my sky hub router to untangle the wires, and since putting them back in I have no internet connection/internet light does not go green.

Siro box has the follow lights green (power and pon), and flashing green light for LAN

On the sky hub I have the purple cable telephone cable, blue power cable and the yellow lan cable connected, only lights are power and wifi.

called sky to see what I’ve done and they’ve not been able to troubleshoot and noted it’s a Siro issue and will take up to 5 days to fix by an engineer.

Anyone any thoughts on how I fix?

Thanks

Post edited by Wexy86 on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

do you have the cable from the wall plugged into the wan port?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Maybe try disconnect purple cable as phone incoming line should not be in use. Then allow the siro box time to connect then power on and off sky box and wait a full 5 minutes. You may need to reboot phone and laptop before properly testing the connection.

On the sky box the internet light may not go green as there should be no DSL but I DM unsure on normal display.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Is one of the ports on the router also marked WAN? Sky guide seems to indicate port #4 is the WAN port. The network cable from the ONT should be connected to the WAN port in the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

BINGO - it’s was the WAN port, never even noticed it.

Thoughts of a week working in the office was bleak - thanks again!

Advertisement