Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repossession of property

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

@OP- I’d get a good Irish solicitor and sit down with them, explain the whole situation and get their view.

The persons proposal of 50% of funds in the sole name of your father is just a daft proposal - your mother may well have power of attorney over your father and if not, it’s something worth considering as he may need someone to look after his affairs asap- having a sole account in an Irish bank when not in a position to look after yourself is probably the worst thing that could happen.

Even for just the reason that your father needs funds now, you need to act quickly and decisively and legally - you’re wasting time and energy posting here - pay good money and get good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So where did the mystery property in Offaly come from???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zanshinmaru

He owned it during his marriage then I guess he managed to keep the Geashill property in his settlement, and his ex wife got the Leixlip house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I am not been smart but can you go to the house, wait till he is out of house, go in change the locks. Block him out. Bag his clothes throw them out.

Living the life

Advertisement