Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Rock Bass Player

• 26-05-2024 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does the idea of playing music by Dio/Maiden/Priest/Saxon/AC-DC etc. to an excellent standard floats your boat?

Do you have some denim & leather hanging in your wardrobe? Maybe the odd early 80's Kerrang stuffed in the bottom of a drawer? Do you secretly crank the s**t out of your car stereo when Whitesnake comes on? Do you secretly wish, for the sake of rock music, that it was still 1983?

We are a Hard Rock Band seeking our missing brother on bass: You might be in your 50's, a tad gray, and the ol' spandex trousers might not fit as well as it used to… but that's ok.

We do this primarily for the joy of playing kick ass rock music: We are all highly experienced pro-level players - 50-60s age group so we grew up with this music.

Members scattered around Leinster/Tipperary:

We want someone would be still as passionate about playing this music as we are, will lay down down some thunder, playing what the songs needs (not what it doesn't), takes pride in what they do, and would play their part in making the band great. (And loves rocking out …)

We meet up for a session each 2 weeks (Saturdays) to put the songs together:

When we have a set we'll knock down some doors, get a few gigs and have loads of fun playing for likeminded souls….

Send me a PM if you're already fired up just reading this…

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭reniwren

I'd be all over this if I didn't sound like my hands have been mangled by hammers, best of luck with the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MG100

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MG100

Hi guys not sure if I'm missing a trick but I don't seem to be able to edit/update the original ad. - any ideas about that?

Anyway I just want to flag that the setup probably won't suit anyone who is looking to make money out of it… there's nothing wrong with wanting to be in a gigging band but we're doing it primarily because its the sort of music we would love to play.

In the meantime keep those PMs coming - even though we're swamped with enquiries 🤣

Advertisement