Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from china

Options
  • 26-05-2024 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I'm setting up a small crafts business and looking at important some children's clothes from china. If I buy off the likes of temu /shein (its an accessory to my product..product is handmade in ireland) can I offset the cost against my tax bill? I can't find the answer to this anywhere? Thanks for any advice.

Post edited by whiterebel on

Answers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Moving to business as this is a consumer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sounds like you’re a sole trader. The cost of an item, if it’s sold as part of another item, can be offset against tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Hi OP

This is very basic I think you should see if your local enterprise board can get you mentorship or startup advice

It a very basic question and would make me feel that you are an ideas and energy person , which is fine , but not a systems and rules person. Wouldn't hurt to see what supports would be available

Advertisement