Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleks offset verge flail mower

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Would need 2 double acting spools. Have you the 3000 plumbed up for that? Was looking at something similar but just with side shift for the same reason and maybe do a bit of topping too.

https://www.jansen-versand.com/agriculture-forestry/mowers-mulcher/189/flail-mower-jansen-efgch-220-with-hydr.-sideshift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Not yet, easy enough to do, see the kits for approx 300€ just.

Wondering how robust they would be. Was asking here before I'd order online I

Think it's 2 weeks delivery. Have madsey that has the spools already to test on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭17hmr1

I was looking at them when I wanted a mulcher for rushes.As far as I could gather from emails,there is no dealer network in Ireland for them and any major warranty claim has to have mulcher sent back.

In the end bought a Fleming 2.05m mulcher for 4500 a good bit dearer but parts especially belts are easy got and I had comfort of warranty with dealer 30mins away.

Didn't buy it there but that's what I bought

https://www.nephintractors.ie/product/fleming-flail-mower

Rang there and 25 days delivery. Has me rethinking.

They must be a simple enough machine so any repairs would be by my own hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭50HX

Each to their own but I'd rather go half the money for drum mower, will take a lot more abuse & no need to alter spools.

I've seen lots of mulchers getting re sold as they don't have the adequate HP to drive them.

The like of a drum mower would be alot faster too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

we’re looking at these verge mowers too. I was wondering, where did you see the spool valve kit fit €300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭minerleague

No, young farmer or female farmer also. Maybe even if you identify as a female.

40% if you don't.

• Advertisement

I have used a drum mower to tackle them previously and found it good, but my tractor is probably my limiting factor. If I could get to upgrade then drum mower would suit, but I've caused a good bit if damage to the old mowers with tractor not being able to manage mower on rougher ground. Well it's probably driver error for most part.

Was thinking something this would get me topper and hedge cutting.

Larger tractor would make things a little easier I feel.

Ah that explains why they are harder to find. And prices up

• Registered Users Posts: 1 83DB

Hello,

I was only going a bit of Research on this mower. Good value I'd like to see one in the Flesh though.

There is a youtube Vid if your Search Gubb Farm Flail mower he bought one here and reviews it.

Edd China does a Spec Review on the Done Deal Add.

Very hard find reviews of people who purchased from Deleks I'm finding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So, would these deleks mulcher a be eligible under Tams ?

Post edited by _Brian on

Not sure if TAMS is still open for applications or not but here are the details for a mulcher. Decent enough reference costs if you aren't going for a very heavy duty unit. Reference of just over 4k for the OPs 1.4m Deleks.

Advertisement