Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Ultrawide and gaming

Options
  • 27-05-2024 10:50am
    Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of picking up one of these to replace my 2 existing monitors, and help declutter my desk with all the switches and cables that are currently strewn all over it:

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-ultrasharp-40-curved-thunderbolt-hub-monitor-u4025qw/apd/210-bmdv/monitors-monitor-accessories

It's mostly for work stuff, but I do play the odd game. I only have a GTX1060, so my gaming is pretty much only 1440, definitely cannot output to the native resolution of this thing. I am curious about the Dell Display Manager and internal multi stream transport stuff.

Can I use the IMST to partition the screen in 2, and use 1 side for gaming in full screen mode and the other for whatever? Windows will detect it as 2 monitors?

Alternatively I guess I could run the games in windowed mode, but this isn't great as the mouse wouldn't get locked in the game and I'll likely lose some frame rate too.

Does Dell Display manager help at all here?

Advertisement