Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blow off valve

• 27-05-2024 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance for bearing with me but I could really do with some advice.

I have this leak in my bedroom the past year. Thought it was coming from outside and management company tried everything. Turned out it was coming from my boiler upstairs all this time. It's leaking into the floor instead of having an outlet outside. The blow off valve is a bit gone.

I had a plumber out this morning and he said you can't get parts for immergas and says I need a new electric boiler. I've had it 17 years.

I just wanted to ask is he bullshitting me or is it time for me to get a new boiler?

I know I'm not very good at explaining but that's because I haven't a clue.

You can see where the waters dripping down through the wall and the damage to the floor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Have you any photos of the boiler?
    You could contact immergas directly and see if spares are still available?

Why replace with an electric boiler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

Won't let me upload boiler for some reason.

I got a quote for €8657 way out of my league

I can't really afford another plumber call out or if I do get one they would have to be familiar with immergas and be able to replace the valve. It's hard to find someone who will work with these boilers. I'll make a few calls tomorrow. Even if I got the problem fixed I wouldn't mind the damage and could deal with that later.

Post edited by apache on

Advertisement