Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Required - I am Vote4Squirrels

• 27-05-2024 1:40pm
    Applicant Posts: 1

My apologies for creating this account - it is purely to make this post and won't be used for anything else but I have been trying to contact someone for almost two months now.

On 17 April I was warned - incorrectly - by Beasty for "trolling and transphobia" - for defending the Cass Report. My posts were nothing of the kind and he had merely moderated with his inherent bias.

As I had noted the "prison bars" on my icon and noted that earlier points added would expire on 2 May I decided to wait and on 3 May sent the following mail to hello@boards.ie as required:

"I hope you can help. Three weeks ago I was given an unfair warning and points taken off which appeared to lock my account.
    I emailed to ask about it but received no reply, I should not have received at least one of the initial points and had an open Helpdesk query.
    I recalled that after the first two point sanction that it ran till 2 May, and so I assumed it was a temporary restriction till then.  However it is now 3 May and my account is still inactive.

I will be contesting the most recent points given by the moderator Beasty as I did not post in the manner he claimed and he applied a personal bias to the discussion and would not listen to my rebuttal.
    I look forward to this being resolved and thank you for your time"

My email was ignored as have two subsequent mails, this is very unfair. I had previously contested in HelpDesk a previous points addition - but to be banned for a biased unfair call with no option to discuss smacks of censorship and the operation of an echo chamber.

I respectfully ask that this be looked at again, ideally by someone who does not operate a very conscious bias.

Vote4Squirrels

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

I can see your account @Vote4Squirrels is showing as being “Banned by warnings” but the last warning was for 2 weeks on April 17th and it would normally expire automatically, restoring your access without any action needed by a human. It is clear that this has not happened, and we are experiencing technical issues at the moment, so I would invite the admin involved in your case @Beasty to look into this if needs be.

Just a final note for you to consider should your account be unbanned: You have too many warnings and infractions for an account that is only 11 weeks old. If access to your account is restored, I would strongly advise that you consider your posting style and make it a priority to obey forum charters and our Terms of Use before you hit that that “Post Comment” button. If you do this, you are less likely to come to moderator or administrator attention.

Remember, Beasty is a site administrator, so his word is final and does not carry a right to appeal.

For now, the only thing you can do is wait until he gets around to this discussion.

Thanks.

-Shield

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,933 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies but only on mobile at present with limited functionality

Your ban expired on 23 May

To "clear" a ban on warnings you need to log in using your vote4Squirrels account. Have you tried this?

If you wish to appeal any of the warnings I issued you need to discuss them with me via PM once you regain access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Hello

Thank you - my account is now active again and I appreciate that.

However, I really am concerned about the lack of any appeal to Beasty as a moderator. This post was genuinely meant, it was not transphobic and it was certainly NOT trolling - it was well within the scope of the debate.

I will do all I can of course to take your comments on board Shield, and I thank you but as we are in the Dispute Resolution page I really would like to take umbrage with this warning, which was unnecessary and meant I was effectively banned for six weeks.

Thank you again and I wish you a great day.

Thank you - I did try but it is now working.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi again!

Spear and I moderate all the fora you see in Boards’ Help & Feedback category. When it comes to complaints, the two of us are limited with what we can do. This help can be guiding a user through the process, or informing a CMod that there is a complaint for their attention (as most CMods don’t have the time to check our Dispute Resolution forum for complaints in their category), and so on. The one thing we don’t do is involve ourselves in the substance of the complaint.

In your case, the only way I can help is to make @Beasty aware that you still wish to appeal the 2-week warning from April 17th, however, you should be aware that winning your appeal would be a hollow victory as it would have expired on May 1st. The only favourable outcome you can hope for is that the warning is reversed from your profile.

The clock is now reset back to 14 days, meaning an admin has 14 days to familiarise themselves with your case and make a decision; to either uphold or reverse the warning. Now you have to wait again. If a new admin takes over, you’ll have to allow extra time for him/her to get up to speed on your case and take things from there.

Thanks.

-Shield

• Advertisement

Hi there

I'm probably best to just carry on then so but it does sting to be accused of something that was not true and came from a rather biased perspective.

Let's just draw a line and crack on with things! Appreciate your time, trouble and advice - cheers!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement