Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oura Ring

Options
  • 27-05-2024 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting one of these but would love to hear what users think of them. I like that it's a ring because I'm not a fan of watches and I can't train with a watch on (I train BJJ and watches tend to catch and scratch my partners).

I have a Galaxy watch and I'm not a fan as they're too bright at night and they're also quite basic with what they measure.

I mainly want to see my sleeping data, SPO2 levels, heart rate, and monitor my exercise. I know there is a subscription cost for the Oura but if the ring is good enough, I would be happy to pay it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No experience of Oura specifically. But I'd strongly recommend against a ring during BJJ. Especially gi for obvious reasons. The usually warning is "degloving" (warning: graphic injuries). Which is admittedly a rare injury, it's also extreme enough to not make it worth it.

In bjj the bicep strap hrm seems to be the most sensible. Whoop, polar, Tickr, all do them. Something that can move from your wrist to the bicep makes a lot of sense to ensure 24h monitoring.

Advertisement