Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House: advise on contract

Options
  • 27-05-2024 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am currently on a 12-month virgin contract, of which 7 months are still left. I am moving to a new build where Virgin don't provide a service. In this case, I am forced to break the contract and pay 150E. Any advice/workarounds on how to deal with this issue? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

With providers like eir you normally request a Home Move. Once they confirm they can't provide you service they let you cancel without penalty.

I don't know what's Virgin Media policy on this. Request the home move. Don't tell them that you know you can't get service there. Let them try to move service themselves. Either way they'll tell you what are next steps if they can't connect you. If lucky they'll offer free cancellation themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Do you know the person moving in or are there remaining housemates in the property you're leaving?

If so you can get the contract transferred over to them and they essentially become a new customer on a new 12 month contract.

Advertisement