Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copenhagen & Malmo

Options
  • 27-05-2024 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading to Copenhagen & Malmo for a weekend break in September.

Will probably spend the first afternoon and evening in one place and then the rest of the weekend in the other city.

Both cities look nice but would I be right in thinking that Copenhagen deserves the most time?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Been to both of them. I would definitely just base myself in Copenhagen. Malmo can be done as a day trip from Copenhagen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

+1 on the Malmo day trip… it’s nice there but not a colossal amount to do or see but very worth going. Much more to experience by basing yourself in Copenhagen.

The trip over the Øresund to and from Malmo is nice, grab a window seat and really enjoy the view out over the sea…..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Everyday is Sunday in Malmo. Sunday as it used to be, as in ‘where dafuq is everybody, and where dafuq is anything to do?!?’. Copenhagen, on the other hand, is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

As above, base yourself in Copenhagen and take a day trip to Malmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭delboy85

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Copenhagen is much bigger but Malmo has nice beaches and gorgeous city parks (the geese are crazy lol) with a much more laid back vibe. The trip from Copenhagen to Malmo is an experience in itself over the Øresund Bridge.

Advertisement