Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is now a good time to clearfell , if so what's the best way to sell it?

Options
  • 28-05-2024 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have 5 hectares of forestry to clearfell just wondering what is the best way to sell it . Should I get a forester to estimate the amount of timber that I have?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

I would say/guess best approach a sawmill or a contractor that harvests timber. The latter might be a better bet. He could also quote you a price for harvesting. If a sawmill get price promised in writing or write it down as he speaks to you and confirm it. Clarify the VAT situation. Sell by weight (not cu m). From day 1, once cut, weight is being lost especially in hot weather.

Maybe check with people in area that sold/cut timber recently and ask their advice. Maybe Teagasc forest advisers would help.

Advertisement