Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen tap issue

• 28-05-2024 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

so I have a tap in the kitchen similar to pic, that constantly has a drip, I suspect on the cold feed, I’ve taken off the end cover piece & tightened the screw as much as possible, didn’t really get much if anything on it anyway , is there a fix or is it a replacement job, access is a pain

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

If it’s a quarter turn valve, which the one in the picture would be - these often have a tendency to develop a drip. Sometimes you can take out the ceramic assembly and clean it, but in my experience any success is short lived.

Options are to replace the whole tap or replace the spindle, which is worth a try if you can get one to suit. You would need to remove the spindle completely and replace it with a new one. A relatively simple job - lots of videos on YouTube I am sure.
    something like this. It might help if you removed the current one first and brought it to your local plumbers merchants, there are different variants.

https://www.mcmahons.ie/quarter-turn-spindle-kit-pair-1-hot-1-cold-spindle-53026

Advertisement