Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Cover teacher

Options
  • 28-05-2024 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

I am looking for some advise. I am registered with the TC but have never actually taught in Ireland apart from during my H Dip (20 years ago!). I have recently returned to the professional through substitute teaching in an international schoool in Europe. I am getting hours at both primary and secondary level - my degree is History and Politics but i am teaching all over the school, including primary.

My circumstances mean i am unlikely to spend more than 3-4 years in Ireland at a time. So what i would like advice on is how to build a CV that would make me most useful and employable as a contract or substitute teacher. I dont have a Gaelige qualification so am i entirely ruled out of the primary level? Could anyone offer advise on practical qualifications i can add to my CV - for example is an SNA qualification useful or do most aspiring teachers not pursue that? All advise on how to be the most employable cover teacher possible greatly appreciated!

Advertisement