Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Car Insurance Poland

Options
  • 28-05-2024 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for some guidance on this please.

I am renting a car for 4 days in Poland from Enterprise rental car, booked through RyanAir.

I purchased Full Protection cover for €34.66 for the 4 days that covers in the Insurance Product Information Document Insurance Product Information Document the following:

✓Damages to rental vehicle's bodywork.

✓Theft and vandalism.

✓Damage to windscreens and external mirrors, glass and lights.

✓Damage to wheels and tyres including punctures, fittings,replacements, and repairs.

✓Damage to the underbody of the vehicle.

✓Key loss or replacement and lock out - includes callout fees,replacement, key programming and delivery.

✓Damage caused by natural weather events.

✓Towing and roadside assistance costs - includes call out fees.

✓Administration fees - includes fees for processing damage claims.

✓Drop off/relocation of damaged vehicle - costs associated with delivering vehicle to its destination.

✓ Loss of use/demurrage fees - includes fees charged by rental companies for loss of use while vehicle is being repaired.

But the IPID also states:

This protection is designed to cover various expenses which are not catered for by Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance including the excess that’s payable on any damage or theft and various other fees you might be liable to pay in respect of a rental vehicle.

I’m now thinking that I am just going to arrive to collect the care and enterprise will try flog me a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance policy and it’ll cost me a lot more.

Any guidance on the best one to take? Should I take both?

I was looking at https://www.carhireexcess.ie/ but this will only cover Excess plus a few other bits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Whocare

I always rent from enterprise and CDW is always included in price I get on enterprise app one thing I will say from my experience thay don't make up damages. But rented over in UK last weekend it was my first kinda bad experience with them worker was pushing hard for me get excess insurance was going to be 90 euro dropped down 50 and I just said no I have cover but he did say any damage even tyre thay will take full excess of £2000 till bill it out for tyre that could take few months even say if someone crash into you and not at fault thay will still take 2 k .

Advertisement