Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Cleaning

Options
  • 28-05-2024 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys,

First time posting here. Have a question about how to clean floor to ceiling windows. The stains are baked on and need a bristle cloth or a nail at them but I can’t rest a ladder against the glass and no window cleaning company has insurance that will cover it. Had considered a cherry picker but seems a bit expensive and excessive. Has anyone any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One of those window-cleaning companies that use telescopic cleaning equipment?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cobham

I have a telescopic pole with window cleaning top on it…. go it Adli maybe? I used to have a thing with magnets that cleaned the outside from the inside but did not work with double glazed units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mickmclaughin

few companies have already tried with the telescopic water system , but the stains are baked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

but seriously
    well a cherry picker isn’t excessive , if you need it you need it.

You could hire one for under 200euro , anybody with. Cherry picker coming to clean those will charge a lot more.

Also if you do get up there to clean them.
    then check in the car detailing forum on what they would recommend to put on the glass.
    GTechniq do a ceramic coating for car glass that keep them clean, make them easier to clean and stops stuff sticking to it.

Would make cleaning them in the future easier also.

Plus the water will run down them all nice and stuff when it’s raining :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mickmclaughin

interesting, will investigate, thanks for the advice

Advertisement