Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does GP give you to take ear drops before syringing?

Options
  • 28-05-2024 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Very general question I know but no point going to them first if they will just turn around and say I need to apply ear drops first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭head82

In my experience.. it was 24 hrs before appointment. And they don't do syringing anymore. It's more of a water based 'flushing' system they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

I didn't think GPs syringed anymore. I go once every year or so to O'Gradys on Main St Blanch to get wax suctioned. I think its €70 for both ears. Lovely feeling altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pacoraban

Cheers

Even the ear drops they usually prescribe/recommend can be purchased over the counter

I've been using mine for 3 days so not sure if im overdoing whilst i wait for my GP visit. Be almost a week by then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,242 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think it depends on the problem. Which they don't know until they see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pacoraban

My is just an annual problem but last couple of years i've gotten away without the need for flush and the drops cleared it off on its own. Its only on one side

• Advertisement
Advertisement