Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Next Secondary School Issues ....

Options
  • 29-05-2024 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, My child is in 1st year in secondary school. After a recent meeting with the school they have stated that they don't think that their school is the right environment for my son. I want to stress that this is not due to any behavioral issues - he is well behaved and able to socially manage school. He does have a diagnosed learning difficulty (mild) and ASD. Unfortunately during the final term of school he has refused to attend and has fallen significantly behind. I have being asked by the school to look into getting him into another school that maybe able to support him better. I have contacted the schools in the locality who have stated that they are full but that he can go on the waiting list. The schools I have contacted each have a special unit attached to the school. Only 1 of the schools is convenient while the rest will require a 40/60 minute round trip which I don't know how I would do this with my full time job.

If he refuses to attend a different school (in early discussions he is saying that he does not want to change school) or he does not get a place in this school what are my options?

I am constantly being pulled from pillar to post - School telling me talk to therapist, therapist telling me to talk to school (the school need to be involved more).

I am at my wits end and hoping someone who has had similar issue maybe can advise on what they have done?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

have you asked the school Why?

each school receives the same funding they are just not arsed. .

Advertisement