Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding water/ soil pipe

• 29-05-2024 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. Hoping to change pedestal basin to small wall hung basin to save space. The water and soil pipe come through the tiles. Wondering is it possible to make them less visible without moving tile? O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What kind of an animal plumbed that. Pipes should be coming up in the pedestal.

Re changing to wall hung basin, you will need to open up wall and have pipes adjusted to be invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ohar

So perhaps easier to get new pedestal and have pipes routed up the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Personally, I wouldn't spend anything unless refitting entire bathroom. You will be opening floor or wall if you.want to adjust pipes so tiles will be moved either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'd put an elblow at the floor and route the pipes left, then elbow again straight up to the sink. I'd then box them in with white-painted ply. Be better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

My opinion, leave plumbing until you redo the whole bathroom. Am sure there may be other adjustments to make elsewhere in the room?

Have you considered a unit with your wall sink? It would still only be as deep as any sink you put in. May have to adjust the fit slightly to accommodate those 2 pipes but something along the lines of these maybe:

https://rightpricetiles.ie/product-category/bathware/furniture/floor-mounted-units/

• Advertisement
Advertisement