Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAD C700 & streaming issues

Options
  • 29-05-2024 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I am not very technically minded and hoping there is a basic solution to this issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions etc.

I have a NAD C700 for well over a year and it was running fine it seems until I renewed my broadband contract with Vodafone late last year and upgraded to high-speed broadband (which works fine; I've tested it lots of times) and the NAD is connected by ethernet cable.

Since October 2023 the internet radio has been giving me trouble. Previously it took say 2 seconds to switch from one station to another. Now it takes about 1 minute and 25 seconds to change from one station (say RTE Radio 1) to another (BBC Radio 6). This is obviously way too long.

I brought the NAD to my friend's house and wired it to his internet (Eir), and there were no problems or delay switching radio stations - again, about 2 seconds, as it used to be in my house. I've also connected my Revo directly into the router (as the NAD is) and there were no issues changing internet radio stations.

I've been on to BluSound numerous times and they say it is a network issue. TuneIn say it is nothing to do with them. Vodafone say they have changed nothing in my settings, but eventually came out and installed a new router box (the previous one had been a refurb the guy told me; this one was brand new).

And lo! Everything worked as before. For about 90 seconds, and then it went back to over 1 minute to change internet radio stations.

I bought a switch and routed the wring through it, but it has made no difference.

Has anyone had this issue before and are there any suggested solutions (I've rebooted the amp and broadband numerous times)?

Any ideas appreciated.

FdP

Advertisement