Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some Ideas - Blank Canvas & Small Garden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You have some really lovely brick walls there. I would suggest, forget the lawn, its not really going to get enough sun to do much, and turn it into a paving/gravel/raised beds garden with shrubs that don't mind shade, plants likewise and ferns. It could be really charming with maybe a few bits of statuary or very large pots etc. and maybe a pergola or arch to create a bit of height.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 davidod

thanks very much for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

Walls are lovely. Don't cover them too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Perks

Trees will become goalposts. LOL

I'd line the back with 5 silver birch with the vision of taking two out and leaving yourself with 3 once they are start getting mature. Good rule of tumb with planting is always odd numbers until you get to 11 as the human eye doesn't count as fast beyond then.

Have an electrician run a cable down and uplight the trees.

Replace the few concrete blocks on the side wall with a good red brick match.

Use the walls research north facing Hydrangea. Plant Sweetbox for winter/spring scent close to house/patio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

You could make a sunken seating area at the back wall. Maybe with a water feature or a fire pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Looking for advice,suggestions,website to look at for ideas..

My garden is much like the original post here. However,we basically want a maintenance free garden. I'm getting imprinted concrete laid on patio area, normal concrete installed at side entrance leading into the concrete deck. After that I don't know what to do,basically just 15m x 10m of grass left over.

Any suggestons? Thanks in advance

Advertisement