Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sent my contract to someone else

Options
  • 29-05-2024 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi folks, grateful for advice. I am moving into a new house soon. I never had an eir account. I only have eir pay as you go mobile. No broadband etc. I signed up on Monday for a wifi package and despite me spelling my name out and my email address out to them the sales person still misspelled my name and my email and so my contract etc has gone to somebody else. Eir say they can't resend the contract to me because they already sent it once albeit to someone else, the person in the shop also couldn't show me what I'm signed up to and they can't update to my correct email address as they say it's already registered with them. I don't know how because I never had an account with them. I'm frustrated. It hasn't yet been installed. Technician only coming out at end of June. Can anyone advise what to do here. I can't set up a my eir account because it says my mobile number and email address are already registered. And they won't send me my contract because they sent it once already to the wrong person. I think I just want to cancel the entire thing right now. They've sent me out apple TV and bill pay sim which I don't want. If I ring and ask to cancel now will I have to pay them anything given nothing has been active or installed yet? I would even offer to just switch to a different plan so they can resend a new contract. I'm presuming that might be a way of getting a contract in writing from them since they can't resend the existing one. I am also thinking of flagging the GDPR issue here with someone else getting my details.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is an inactive forum, Eir aren't going to answer you here.

Advertisement