Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Needs Payment

Options
  • 29-05-2024 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there

First ever time applying for this. I have over 200e overdue on Electricity Bills and also owe rent more than 1 week past payment date. Landlord hasn't been in contact yet and I didn't want to bring the attention to it.

I mentioned in my application done online today for the Additional Needs Payment that that was the case but I did show previous payments on the same date the last few months and obviously attached bank statements too. Similarly I attached my electricity bill showing the overdue balance.

How hard is it for the ANP to be accepted and how long would it take to receive funds if so? Is there a max limit that they'd pay out? I don't receive HAP etc., and my sole income is JSA

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm not sure ANP will cover Electricity Bills as there are seperate mechanisms to assist those in arrears. Rent arrears might be considered but they may ask why you are not getting HAP, is the Tenancy registered.

Supplying as much info as possible is Key, Bank statements etc. They look at absolute emergencies only. I was approved for new Washing Machine & Fridge, but I've seen people declined. Fingers crossed for you. I'd contact MABs regarding Electricity Bill seperately.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement