Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re shower pump

• 29-05-2024 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi

I live in a 3 storey house with a typical Irish plumbing set-up: hot press on the top floor with vented hot water cylinder and cold water tank up in the attic.

The middle floor has 2 ensuites while the top floor, at the same level of the hot press has the main bathroom. Both ensuites have a shower and both are fed from a pump in the hot press. The hot and cold feeds from that pump do a 180 as they come out of the pump and must obviously run under the floor space on floor 2 and then down the wall space for both ensuites. The hot press does not back onto the bathroom on floor 2 but I'd like to install a power shower in the bathroom.

So question. Is it possible to connect a pipe run to the existing pump and pump the water up to the attic and back down to the shower in the bathroom? Or how else might I get it sorted - I assume the other option is to have to lift floor boards and run the pipes in the same space as the pipes that drop down to the ensuites?

Advertisement