Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards weather forecast contest June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just a side note, entries will soon close for 2024 N Atlantic tropical season contest (enter here but entries are from three different weather forums) … separate thread is open but you can post here, by end of week.

I note one hour of 0.2 mm at Dub (A) on 5 June, if that is daily total also, will count as "non-dry" even though quite a dry day otherwise. This is how met.ie counts also, according to 30-year normals, frequency entry is

>=0.2 mm

implying that 0.2 mm is not dry and 0.1 mm is considered dry by them (but if we get a 0.1 mm, it is going to be counted as non-dry also).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Low of 4.0c at Knock and Mulligar yesterday.

Probably lower for today.

3.6 already noted earlier.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another 0.2mm of rain for 6th at D.A.

So that's 3 dry days and 3 days with some rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭pauldry

3.5c in Mullingar last night. Potentially.

No data for Mullingar for yesterday so we may never know!

It's confirmed now, 3.5 yesterday at Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Also only trace rainfall for Dub Airport yesterday, and looks like the same today.

After first week …

IMT_ 12.1 (0.7 below normal)

MAX_ below 22 C

MIN_ 3.5 C

PRC_ 24% of normal

SUN_ 107% of normal

dry days Dub(A) _ 4 of 7

• Advertisement

Sat is actually counted as wet day at D.A with 0.8 rain.

It must have fell during the night as no rain during day here at all.

4 of 9 dry days now, as Dub(A) recorded 1.6 mm past few hours. The 0.8 mm on Saturday was recorded in hours 07-08. A very cool air mass settling in across Ulster, temps widely below 10 C and over in Scotland generally around 7 C at low elevations, -1 to +1 C on peaks. Timing may not suit everyone but it's good to see a deep cold air mass on maps again (after quite an absence).

(later edit) _ 3 C at mtdillon around 03-04 … likely to be a new min.

Post edited by M.T. Cranium on

Min 2.5 confirmed at Mt Dillion.

Will need to check again as 3 C hourlies at two locations last night also (Mountdillon and Gurteen).

Also, 10th dry (tr) so count is 5/10 now. Yesterday's IMT was only 10.9 and today looks to be about 11 also, after ten days it was 12.0 C. Fairly good sun values for such a cold interval.

Now we have a MIN of 2 C at Claremorris (05h, 06h) to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Mt.Dillon 2.4 for yesterday.

According to one source, Clare… 1.8 C is new value. Also, 6/11 days dry (11 June trace).

I was looking at our min forecasts and Con Sensus should be 3.1 C and not 2.0 C as shown, unsure how I came up with that. We have a few forecasts below 1.8 C.

Claremorris 1.8c yesterday.

Post edited by DOCARCH on

I am seeing 1.8 for Claremorris on website, maybe an edit? … also dry on 12 at Dub (A) so 7/12 dry so far.

• Advertisement

Definitley an edit as I looked at it twice this morning. Will edit my post above to avoid any confusion!

After second week …

IMT_ 12.0^ (1.2 below normal), second week average 11.7 (1.7 below normal).

MAX_ below 22 C so far

MIN_ 1.8 C

PRC_ 66% of normal (second week average 107%)

SUN_ 116% of normal (second week average 125%)

dry days Dub(A) _ 7 of 14

^ 11.96 to two decimals

Dry days now 7/16 — today could qualify, pretty sure the value of 1.7 mm shown around 0100h went into Sunday's daily total, otherwise Sunday's daily total was only around 0.1 mm but was listed as 1.8 mm.

Spot on as always M.T yesterday was indeed counted as dry so up to 8 days now.

Looking at Tuesday's PRC values, one hourly of 0.1 and a few traces, it could be our first 0.1 total which I said for contest will count as "not dry" even if it counts as dry elsewhere. I was hoping we wouldn't have any such days to stay out of the "grey zone" …. but anyway, rules were clearly stated so, as stated above, going into this at 8/17 dry days.

As expected, 0.1 on 18 June, we stayed at 8/18 dry days, but now 9/19 as Wednesday dry.

Dry again yesterday that's 10/20.

We can safely say 10/21 now as it rained recently at Dub(A). Finally saw a value above 22 C but looking like Sunday or monday could set a significant max. 25-26 is possible.

After three weeks …

IMT_ 12.2 _ 1.2 below normal (third week 12.8, 1.2 below normal).

MAX _ 22.5 (likely to set one next 2-3 days)

MIN _ 1.8

PRC _ 68% of normal (third week 71% of normal).

SUN _ 114% of normal (third week 110% of normal).

Dry days _ 11/21 (probably 13/23 after Sunday)

• Advertisement

Saturday was actually not a dry day in end 0.2m rain that wasnt forecast.

Now I think that's the rain that fell around midnight(but they seem to be counting in Sat total)I know because we were out with friends in Malahide and I wasn't impressed when we came out of restaurant and it was lashing!

Advertisement