Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle K extra app

Options
  • 30-05-2024 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Trying to get my head around this new change, now that play or park is finished.

Are we all getting 3c a litre off for a few months (cant find a qr code to scan or is it your gamertag)

what dies everyone else think of it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭curiosity

From their instagram on May 27th

"We are also giving all customers access to our level three which means all users will get 3 cent off a litre for the first 2 months of Circle K Extra. 🎉"

FAQ section on https://www.circlek.ie/faq

"Will current Play or Park member loyalty tags work in Extra?

Yes, but we will not be issuing any new plastic tags to the market.

All new members will be directed to download the Circle K app in order to access Extra."

It's better than nothing, but 3 cent a litre for someone using 1,000 litres of fuel a a year is 30 euro, and that 'saving' will be wiped away by the last portion of fuel excise duty going back on August 1st. There are downsides (you can't combine fuel card discount with the 'extra' discount), and it slows the whole process of paying for your fuel. I can just imagine being stuck behind a few people scanning the Circle K app, then another app (AA, AXA have apps that offer a few cent off, I think).

For Circle K, it'll give them a lot of data, and help retain custom, so they're doing well out of this too!

Post edited by curiosity on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Generally when 'new' changes like this occur; in the long-run it's better for the Business rather than the Consumer, no matter what way they spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

I went to get diesel yesterday to find my previous balance of 400 points was wiped. I knew something was being rolled out but an e mail would have been nice for those of us who don't use Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did get an email to use up my points as play or park was ending in May , I think it was May 20th or 30th end date

Did you check spam in case any Circle K Play or Park emails went in there

Is there any good offers now for customers only save 3c on fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I also had a free car wash that was wiped off my account. Not impressed.

• Advertisement

Just downloaded the app, 7th drink or car wash free isn't exactly good value considering how overpriced everything in the shops are. Even the treats when you played the raffles were bad in the end. It started with a coffee and a pastry, in the end it was a bottle of Circle K water and a purple snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭crayon80

Very true.

I had a free car wash because I'd filled my loyalty card on the app. Now they've added an extra car wash to get the free one. So I need to buy another one to get back the free one. They've done the same with the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭michael jay

ya they were ridiculous by the end, the december ones used to be great, v disappointing the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

half price car wash on Wednesdays. Better than any 7th free deal

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul321123

This is a multi billion company which are now penny pinching, anyone with aa breakdown can get 3cent of a liter of petrol so not a great offer, all they seen to want to do is get you to spend more money so there profits can grow, why have all the free car washes disappeared?, there was no warning about that only warning was to use your points not your free rewards that have been accumulated, I have not used this app in months as now go to Go garage which are by far the cheeper for petrol and of excellent quality. Penny pinching multi billion corporation wanted more profits, greed at the highest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul321123

Even better

The cost of the stuff in the shops is off the scale. Chocolate and drinks etc. I just use them for fuel. I was never a fan of thier overpriced coffee either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poolboy19

So if I use a fuel card that always had 4 cent discount what happens after scanning the app? I hardly get an extra 3 cent off do I? Are all meaningful benefits gone and left with my 4 cents off only? Just a bit confused with it all really 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Used to work awhile ago(could of stopped a year ago) . Where you would scan the aa app for 4c off then use your fuel card which would get you 8c off. But it stopped working and now it's either or not both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion that when their systems went down a good while ago it was to 'fix' this loophole or whatever you want to call it, seemed to stop working when everything started working again

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Does half price Wednesday car wash include jet wash?

What's the time limit for using that car wash code, must it be on the Wednesday?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Does half price Wednesday car wash include jet wash?

What's the time limit for using that car wash code, must it be on the Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭michael jay

not sure re jet wash but u have around 5 days to use the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

apart from the high prices its the double up deals that annoy me. Like 2 bars of chocolate for €3.30 is no use to me when I only want one bar but thats priced at a rip off €2.20 or whatever. So their pricing punishes people who only want to buy one bar of chocolate or one bag of crisps. So as a result I never buy anything bar the petrol.

on the 3 cents off if you know someone with a Three account they can generate you a code in the app to get a fuel card from Circle K that gives 3 cents off a litre. I have one though recently a Go station is only €1.75 a litre of petrol so Ive been using them to fill up rather than paying €1.80 a litre and 3 cents off at Circle K.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nope, it depends on the station. Of the two I use one gives you until Thursday night (so just over 24 hours), the other gives you until the Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

Has anyone worked out a way that you can share the Extra App account with a partner (without sharing the phone) in order to pool monthly purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Try taking a screenshot of your barcode or whatever its called. Send it on to your partner.

Haven't tried it with this but my son does it with the Tesco card to get the discounts and it works fine so I'd say it will work with CK too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

You can log into the same account on multiple devices. I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

On the 3 cent off it works alongside the other 4 cent off vouchers available

I've used the axa 4c off alongside the 3c ck voucher a few times and both appear on the receipt with the deduction for each

I supect it won't stay like that for long,

Just need to scan both qr codes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

if you download the Stocard app on your phone you can then add in your circle k account, wife was always taking the keys resulting in me looking for them in a rush usually the following day.

The Stocard app you can add in most of the supermarkets too and others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MallowMan17

Certain service stations are clamping down on it and won't let you scan the app if you used Circle K card, and there are some service stations that don't care and allow it all

Advertisement