Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 T20 World Cup (in USA and the West Indies)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

yeah it cause of shît like that…poor pitches, poor attendances, indifferent weather that really all detracted a bit from the competition. Hopefully the ICC will learn a valuable lesson but I wouldn’t guarantee it.

Good start for England winning the toss.

World Cup semi final and nobody at the thing…. Rows and rows of empty seats. Ground looks about 20-25% full.
    Hopefully between them the two bidders lose a shît load of cash that will see them sit out future bids to hold world cups… because I doubt the ICC would learn their lesson…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Well the IPL won't be moving their dates anytime soon, so either the ICC say tough sh!t to the IPL and hold the tournament in April/May depending on country holding it or they move it to a location that the weather isn't in the rainy season.

M understanding is that the groundsmen because of the rain have struggled to prepare the pitches they really wanted.

Last nights pitch was one of the worst pitches i have seen international cricket played on. Actually, i'll go as far as saying that even the pitches i played on in my youth were better than last nights pitch

mad. Yeah, the ICC would be better off standing up to the IPL.

First wicket for England… a good start with the ball and Kohli who had looked nervous, on his way.

more abysmal fielding from Rashid. I’d have stopped that with one hand tied behind my back 😮

Pant won’t enjoy looking back at that shot. Tame dismissal. England with a decent start, in pole position here… so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Looks like England may well go home without hitting a ball in anger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Back on in 10 mins, hopefully the rain holds off.

sky is much clearer here’s hoping…

19 runs off Currans over… England were going great guns until that shîtshow.

Rashid bowls Rohit ! And concedes only 3 … good stuff.

Jordan bowling absolute dross to being on a hattrick in two deliveries. 😳

3 wickets for Jordan but his economy was 12.33 and he butchered a simple run out chance at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He always bowls dross. Him and Curran donated 62 off 5 overs, silence in the commentary box as usual. Tough chase with the Indian bowlers to deal with

yep, both of those are beyond criticism in some quarters..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Keeping an eye on this, nicely poised. !70 is a decent enough score. We'll know a lot more after first five overs.

The spinners went at 6 r/o and Topley and Archer around 8.3. The 2 boys were 12.4 with 19 & 15 run overs. I don't criticise on who I like or don't like, it's only performance based. It's almost every game. Nasser in the commentary box as usual backing up his favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

The wheels are falling off that wagon you'd have to say.

Doomed already

Harry Brook and a load of tailenders after that. And yes. Livingston imo is a tailender these days

wtf was Moeen at there ? If ever England needed a partnership and he just inexplicably goes for an aimless wander down the pitch….stumped 😅

Curran with a believable Phil Tufnell impression, the fûck he missed that ? Gone 😬

Brook and Livingstone need to get about scoring 4s & 6s

He reviewed as well, probably wanted to see which stump it was hitting

Curran Reviewed

• Advertisement

England hammered.

India will beat SA. Well, god knows what kind of pitch will be on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭MFPM

That's some trashing, India likely winners but didn't see that level of victory.

bowled out in 16.4 overs…. Only 4 batsmen out of their 11 with scores in double figures for England……

How on earth Joe Root is not there and Livingston is , is a travesty

Root, one of the best batsmen in the world and then a slogger in Livingston.

Root is a better bowler also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Two best teams have made the final. Writing was on the wall for England at the odi world cup, they got one more crack at it and despite making the last four, they beat only associates countries and the West Indies. Australia, South Africa and India all beat them. Last game in an England shirt for a lot of them you'd imagine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭pavb2

Good performance from India, England just needed to be put out of their misery after 10 overs

mo

Livingston

Sam Curran

CJ

surprised if you see any of them 4 again . Debatable on Jonny , but England don’t have the resources available that India would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

England were pretty ordinary throughout the tournament and always seemed to have too many bowlers in the side and I counted 7 in this particular team and it left too many not doing much or anything such as Moeen Ali who isn't good enough to bat at number 3 and the same goes for Sam Curran who is never a number 6.

Definitely after the failure of the 50 over World Cup, their white-ball sides do now need a bit of major surgery. The time has come for a number England players mentioned already above and they should integrate the likes of Jamie Smith and Smeed etc. If Adil Rashid retires, he will be incredibly difficult to replace but it does seem like England will need to go through a bit of an evolution.

Should be a decent final, albeit hard to see how India lose. Pakistan their only close game otherwise they have pretty much dominated every game in convincing fashion. Would like to see South Africa do it but I fear their batting line-up might find it difficult as they haven't been wholly convincing. Their bowlers have been generally terrific, so I hope they rise to the challenge on Saturday.

• Advertisement

thought the same, far too many bits and pieces cricketers…bits and pieces cricketers are not all rounders…..

Salt, Buttler, Bairstow and Brook…. 4 out of 11 dedicated batsmen, ok Buttler is a wicket keeper too but I’m not counting that.

Moeen, Curran and Livingstone… surely any captain with a flicker of light behind their eyes will consider that overkill….

how did the bits and pieces lads play ? All round shît…

Firstly with the bat….

Moeen 8

Curran 2

Livingstone 11

From a bowling perspective 1 wicket was taken between 3 of them. And the wicket taker, Curran was thoroughly expensive, went for 25 off his 2 overs.

Advertisement