Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 T20 World Cup (in USA and the West Indies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

June is by far the wettest month in Florida…. We can thank the ICC for this cockup …. The sport is not like soccer, rugby, or horse racing…. We cannot play in the rain….they were prepared to chance it… 😒

As usual, politics is more important then the good of the sport… players, fans, etc.

Ohh and England have Oman 36/8 after 11 overs.. a nothing fixture…. England haven’t been that impressive, it’s an absolute road of a pitch…Oman are just pure crap… another thing to thank the ICC for. All about providing opportunities for cricket in the USA and lesser sides….

Teams, players and genuine cricket fans…. Way down the pecking order…. The last to be considered….World Cup should equal elite…increasing the number of teams by 25% is just incredibly selfish and idiotic. England bowling maiden overs, Oman struggling…actually 47 all out in 13.2 overs.

3.1 overs is all it took England…. 🫣

16.3 overs of cricket decided the result… you wouldn’t be enamoured having paid in to watch.

Not that many did….

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The unfortunate reality is the way we've been playing lately it's hard to be too upset about likely avoiding another embarassing loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MFPM

As expected Afghanistan easily dispatched PNG resulting in the elimination of NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

These pitches are a travesty. all across the WI(Especially Trinidad,Guyana), New York. Too heavily one sided for the bowlers, inconsistent bounce. Nightmare to chase any kind of half decent total.

I was in Barbados start of May when it would have been an ideal time for this World Cup. Could have prepared the pitches properly. No doubt the IPL dictated when it could or couldn't be held

DJ Sammy ground in Saitn Lucia, might be a bit fairer to batsmen. Cracking little ground not far from Rodney Bay. Have seen a couple of ODI's their in the past.

Afghanistan look well rounded for these kind of condintions, wouldn't shock me if they made it through Super 8's.

I predict a final 4 of WI, Afghanistan, Australia & SA.

Post edited by wazzzledazzle on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Would acknowledge the pitches aren't great, but I think it's inadvertently led to a much more interesting contest between bat and ball. I'm loving that 135/140 is par, and that 30 needed off 24 balls isn't a formality. I lost interest in watching 240s being set and chased down in a flurry of relentless boundary hitting.

Ye i would tend to agree. That nonsense in the IPL of 260+ every second game became a bit of a joke. Roads for wickets and small grounds.

I have enjoyed the tournament to date and would love Rash and Afghanistan to win it despite it being unlikely, but you never know.

With Englands demolishion of OMAN yesterday they would have to be favourites to get through their group. Weather should be fine for both games (Aus/Sco) so it'll be all on Scotland to try and get a result.

Even if Aus wanted to give the remainder of their squad a run out they would still be too strong you'd imagine for Scotland.

I personally think, the only way they can win, is bat first, post 150/160 and hope the wicket deteriorates somewhat second innings.

It's a long shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭StormForce13

Florida weather is better than expected this morning. Main thunderstorms are well offshore, although a small bit of lightning is visible east of Miami.

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_lightning_maps.php?map=32

wowsers, that's some grouping of cells right there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This update on cricinfo wouldnt fill you with confidence

Chris: "It may be dry AT the ground, but the ground is not dry. Massive puddles, hard to see this getting dry enough with more rain scheduled." Correct

Sid Monga in Lauderhill has a positive update for you, Pakistan and Ireland fans. "Nice and sunny right now. Humidity/stickiness reminding me of Goa/Bombay when the sun comes out on a monsoon day."

Isn't Sid Monga Indian? Does he not know that Bombay changed it's name to Mumbai about 30 years ago…..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

The next inspection will take place at 11.30 (4.30pm over here), in about 50 minutes By then, it may be raining anyway.

Not much chance of a game, i would second guess, which gaurentees them a spot in super 8's

Ireland are regressing big style. But there is a seperate thread for them (Balbirnie shouldn't be anywhere near that team)

Hopefully we get some play, Ireland are more than likely done in the tournament after the first two results but be nice to get some overs in.

An absolute miracle to qualify. Anyway, hopefully get to see some cricket today. Nothing really of note in both night games tonight, couple of dead rubbers

I'd say one thing about him while i agree is that when it's his day, it really is his day. Few and far between however

Stirling frustrates me more than any Irish cricketer, when he's on he can be so good and plunder runs but too often when he really needs to step up he gives his wicket away.

Yep. Sadly, the Stirling exchange rate has reduced very significantly in recent months!

• Advertisement

5 over game at best.

11.50am The latest a five-over game can begin is 2.16pm, the ICC has confirmed.

abandoned. and that is that folks. the hierarchy will need to have a very honest review about where we are going/want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Gillespy

That means Pakistan are gone too. USA progress and they quality for the next world cup as well.

I suppose it's good for the tournament that the USA progress. Ireland have only themselves to blame, India fine but Canada no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

expect Canada to visit us next summer.

be interesting to see at the end of the competition how many matches / overs are lost to weather in comparison to other years.

Nepal really giving SA a game here. Some quality entertaining batting as well as edge of your seat risk taking by their batsmen.

SA have bowled a fair number of wides but got away with a few also, not called, umpires again. 🤌🏻

Less than a run a ball needed and 8 wickets in hand, Nepal getting a bit of luck too now with missed chances and misfields.

6 ! Over the stand 🥳 31 from 39,

31 from 39 required , but shît the bed when they lost two quick wickets and runs dried up….another 6, out of the ground, is there hope yet ? 😬 8 from 6 needed…. This is savage entertainment…. 4 from 3 🫣 …2 from 2 …..2 from 1..

SA win by 1 run, the Nepalese batsman run out, slipped then didn’t dive or even run full pelt the careless dope and then made a mess grounding his bat short that stopped his momentum in making his ground….nuts ending, he was home, just run and ground your bat you dozebag, unreal.

cracking game of cricket. Feel sorry for Nepal but I knew they would somehow fcuk it up

and man, did they…. Fukkkkkkk 😵‍💫…

Three mistakes by that batsman Jha just trying to score a run, slipping at the start, then casually not running full pelt, finally messing up grounding his bat and he should have dived too….

I wonder, very very odd 😏 how can a batsman make 3 errors just running for a single……..errrrm.

• Advertisement

Another games falls to the rain, India v Canada. England v Namibia delayed too, England need it to go ahead, and win obviously!

Spectators getting a raw deal having bought tickers and travelled.

Advertisement