Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best flip flops/ Sandles

Options
  • 30-05-2024 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone swear by any particular make/style of summer, breathable footwear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭GIMP

I got a pair of Oofos flip flops last year, they are by far the most comfortable pair I have ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have two pairs of these, most comfortable sandals I've ever owned,

I wear them all summer unless as its wet out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’ve stopped buying Ecco off-road as the insoles stink after a while - they’re a great walking sandle but they need to change to leather insoles.

If I’m going abroad to Spain or the likes I tend to buy locally produced sandals there- much cheaper all leather made in Spain - I’m wearing a pair of them right now and have a brand new pair in the wardrobe when these run their course.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…same problem with my ecco's, lovely sandles, but the stink can be a bit too much…..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

M&S suede sandals, no horrible sticky stinky plastic thanks very much.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Ryath

Find my Reef Flip Flops really good, my pair are several years old and I wear them a lot as I use them as slippers around the house. Great arch support, well made and very secure on foot. Wear sandals very little since I got them on holidays unless I really am going to be doing a lot of walking. Bottle opener has come in handy on occasion also!

Must get a new pair, not much wrong with the pair I have but they do look a bit shabby.

Size 8 and 10 are a bit cheaper but I need a 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I am a long time wearer of Reef and Regatta velcro sandals. Very little difference in quality but Regatta always offer decent value. I've also had a couple of pairs of Karrimor but found they wore out quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a pair of French connection ones I bought about 7 years ago. Very comfy and the tend not to want to slip off your foot when walking. Cant find a pic but similar styles are available. Think there were just around 28 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Birkenstock, the only choice.
    At least where I grew up, I thought there is no other brand than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Glad it’s not just me 😀- I don’t have overly sweaty feet but give it two weeks of pounding the streets of France Spain or Italy in 30 degree heat as I’ve done the last few years and they’re gross - I love the lift in them the foot support and the grip - a lot of sandals are very flat so very hard to find the equivalent - if they’d only replace that insole with swede or leather I’d go back to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

yea theyre very comfortable, and do give great support, but im not sure i ll be buying again, its a pity as they are a lovely sandal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

These and Next currently have a good range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭JVince

Always Timberland for me https://www.timberland.ie/en-ie/c/men/footwear/sandals-and-flip-flops-10043

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭beachhead

josephturner.co.uk have a good range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Reef memory foam flip flops.
    I have pretty much walked them off my feet (6 years) and will pick up the exact same pair when the finally break or wear out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just looking at these now as I fancy a new pair, nice looking sandals alright and decently priced too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah but somehow £32 = €45, go figure… when making your buying decision in M&S it helps to not know what the UK price is 🙂

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have mild mobility issues so this is something I spend a lot of time considering.

I cant look past Clarks for Sandals, they have an insole that’s cushioned and supportive and also all straps are easily adjustable to stop my foot from slipping and causing me to fall.

Dont really rear flip flops because I am too nervous my foot will slide out and I’ll fall but Skechers have ones that have like a band going across the foot that I may try

Advertisement