Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking action against Companies Act 2014

Options
  • 31-05-2024 6:03am

I was investigating a company before doing business with them and they had a risk warning flag against them on the company lookup sites.

I have investigated further and found that they are in ongoing legal proceedings, but the courts service does not give me any details other than the case title which is:

Company Name v THE COMPANIES ACT 2014

What are the possible reasons for a company to challenge the Companies Act in court? Could one of the possibilities be that they are being dissolved and are trying to challenge it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They aren’t really, it’s just a quirk of how they are listed, these are not inter partes proceedings and are probably insolvency proceedings of some kind.

In reality the title of the proceedings should be Re Companies Name & Companies Act, or more properly:

In the matter of Companies Name and in the matter of the Companies Act 2014.

• Thank you. I guess I should heed the risk warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Also look for the most recent filings listed for the company in the CRO (CORE). In this case you might see something of interest.

Advertisement