Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Ryanair family plus lapse and rebooking.

Options
  • 31-05-2024 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone else here has been through this situation.

We are due to pay last installment of family plus Ryanair package in a few days.

Since booking the total cost of the flights has dropped and is approx 600 euro cheaper.

If the installment isn't paid flights are cancelled and money paid is issued as credit to the account.

My question is do Ryanair have a mechanism built in to stop that original flight being rebooked using the credit issued for it. I would suspect they do but would be very happy to be told otherwise. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭larchielads

dunno how that would work but just checked our flights theyre nearly 800 euro cheaper now as to when we booked back in jan

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

Are these flights booked direct through ryanair? I didn't think you could pay in installments with ryanair.

We cancelled our holiday with loveholidays & the flights portion was non refundable. We were due to goSaturday gone and even though we cancelled with loveholidays it looks like the flights weren't cancelled. I was getting messages to check in & asking if we want to upgrade.

our flights directly booked wit ryanair. Family plus.

cost of my original flights 2 adults 1 child 1729 back in jan. Now as of today 1095!

thats unbelievable, is it legal?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Completely legal, you agreed to a price, no different than a price dropping for a regular ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its a risky one as the flights could jump back up, You are relying on them staying cheap after its under 40days or that there will even be seats available as someone could nab one on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rodney2009

hi just wondering if anyone went ahead and did this? Let the family plus flights lapse and then rebook when flights cheaper? Worried that we will be blocked from rebooking the same flights! They are currently €450 cheaper than when we originally booked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I can tell you that they didn't refund onto the wallet as advertised, instead they sent a gift voucher to the original booker, with the restriction that the original booker had to be present on each and every flight booked with the credit. It was able to be used on the same flight. We took a gamble and had purchased cheaper flights before the 40 days were up. The cost shot up just before 40 days out and stayed up for couple of weeks.

Advertisement