Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to remove alarm from window and front door

• 31-05-2024 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I've got people coming next week to install new windows and a new front door. For this they've asked that the alarm be removed from the windows and door. I haven't been able to get an electrician to come out in time to look at it. To add to the awkwardness, we've only recently moved into the house and the alarm is unarmed but we don't know what the alarm code is. I've attached an image of the alarm panel as well as the two sensors that need to be removed / disconnected. Can anyone provide some advice about how I would address this? I'm assuming if I simply snip the wires then the alarm will trigger and I don't know how to disarm it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I hate to say it but your best bet might be to pull the power from the alarm and then open the main alarm box and remove the internal battery. The internal siren will sound for the duration until the battery is pulled, but I'd hardly expect that the battery in the external siren is still functional at this point. Even if there is some life in the external siren battery, it shouldn't sound for more than 15/20 mins… That's what I would do.

You could then reinstate the alarm after that point, but there aren't many/any servicing those now at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Doop

Its simple enough to unscrew them from the window / door, tape the contact to the box with electrical tape.

Falling that ask in the the alarm and security system fourm, theres some very heplpful guys in there. Or you could always call and alarm company out instead of an electrician and they will do it.

Advertisement