Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question. Vodafone rep told me FUP is gone now. Is it?

Options
  • 31-05-2024 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

The wonderful day has arrived. I have been waiting for FTTH for years with my 20Mb broadband and yesterday a Vodafone rep called to the house to say ftth was now available. I was asking him the usual, why I should I go with VF etc. They seem to have the cheapest deal at the moment, €30 for 6 months and then €40 after that, for 500Mb. One thing I asked was if it was really unlimited or if there was a fair usage policy. He said the FUP existed while they were getting their FTTH network ready and no longer existed. Is that true? If so I will be giving them a call today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Sales person was liking talking out of their home so they'd get commission, but pretty much every ISP in Ireland is either truly unlimited or only limited if you're really really taking the mick with your usage (multiple TBs worth)

So unless you're running a server 24/7 or something, youre grand

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

For most providers old FUP was 1TB. For context that's about 20 modern games. Now they increased it higher.

There will always be some sort of FUP in T&Cs to protect company against unreasonable usage. They give you so much allowance that it's practically unlimited.

Advertisement