Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€14 for a worming tablet?

Options
  • 31-05-2024 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

3yo Shihtzu Maltese. Vet prescribes milbemax on an ongoing basis, but €14 per tablet every 3 months is way more than the cost of any human tablets we take. What options are available to me?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Is it just the 1 tablet every 3 months? If so, even though it’s an expensive medicine it’ll work out at less than €60 a year.
    If you still think it’s too much, try to get a medication from your vet to do the job that’s covered by a Pet Insurance policy & see if you can get a policy for less than €60 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

The worm treatment for my cat costs over 12 euro per month, 14 euro every 3 months doesn't sound too bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭greyday

You would usually change the tablet every 3 months, Milbemax drontal, panacur……..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

See if your vet has a TrustVet plan.

I pay €19 per month, and it covers up to 12 consultations per year, annual check-up with blood test, annual vaccinations, all parasite control (flea, tick and worm) and 20% off dental.

(eta - that's for an adult cat, but I had the same plan when I had a dog).

Advertisement