Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JA-SOLAR-565W or Jinko 440W Tiger Neo N-Type

• 31-05-2024 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We are just about to get the final part of our solar project and were set on the Jinko 440W Tiger Neo N-Type from MidlandBatteries.ie

I have now seen that SolarBoss do the JA-Solar 565W for around €200-€250 more for 10 panels

We would love the extra capacity but just wondering if anyone has experience with the JA-Solar panels?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭10-10-20

They are commercial panels, so the sizing is considerably different and the mounting requirements may then differ from what you're planning. If it works for you then no issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

It is worth checking if you have physical space to mount them. Larger capacity will naturally increase the physical size. I'm inclined to say pick ones that allow you to optimise mounting as many as you can from the roof area you have rather than just looking at capacity size.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..and check voltage to ensure your inverter can handle them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks all.

I should have mentioned, we are ground mounting, so space is not an issue.

I will double check the voltages though, thanks for the heads up on that

Inverter is a Sunsynk 5Kw Ecco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

If space isn't an issue then I'd just max out the inverter. Any clipping will be minimal and well worth it on the imperfect days.

Inverter specs (SUN-5K-SG04LP1-EU) say 6.5Kw Max DC input so that's 14 440W or 11 565W panels. Whichever is cheaper for you and easier to install (even numbers a bit simpler on ground mounts), voltages should be OK if you have the 2 strings divided correctly, that's only at a brief glance though so definitely take a minute to calculate it out before ordering anything to double check.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The only thing that counts is what has the lowest cost per kwp installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Thought VOC was the limiting factor and not the inverter DC Max input ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

All of the Inverter/MPPT 'Maximums' (W,V,A) have to be considered when designing a system.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement