Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

So Joanna opened the forecast tonight with "if we could just skip Friday" 😅🫣🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Nevermind I seen what Alan was going on about , even the Met Office has admitted to straying the skies so what does that say , if Alan is on this why are you blocking people on your page ? I'm just a little confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

ECM 25c and sunny for me next Wednesday

GFS lots of rain and 10/11c next Wednesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The models are all over the place from next Tuesday onwards, anything is possible from hot and dry conditons to a cool and windy deluge with Atlnatic driven conditions so lets see where the next 2 to 3 days of model watching takes us. At least it's getting warmer and we have a few nice days ahead with the exception of Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A nice display of noctilucent clouds this morning from Sandymount Strand to usher in the summer solstice followed by a red sky sunrise at Newgrange. Sunset last night was also great but haven't gotten around to those images.

Thanks all for the lovely comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Nice

You should get yourself out to Dublin airport one morning on a nice sunrise, there are some epic pictures to be had of planes coming in to land with the morning light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Billcarson

The guy on Carlow weather on FB was right for blocking people. This whole thing about chemtrails is bloody ridiculous. Conspiracy BS .Was great to see someone standing up to that crap .

OmG @sryanbruen how lucky were you. The image with Newgrange, wow. No sunrise on the Ramparts in Navan along the Boyne on my 630am run......running facing Newgrange hee hee I should have went out an hour earlier. Class photo.

Overcast in Meath now. 12⁰

Alan is a gas man. Not sure he posts here anymore?

The amount of bollox was unbelievable. There was more than just chemtrails……How the government controls the weather….Honestly, some of it was comedy gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Have the Met Office (I'm assuming ukmo?) admitted this? Show us the proof…. because they haven't..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

ugh let’s not do this. Just ignore it.

Have hay down here since Sunday which is very close to ready. Disgusted about this rain tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

My bad, sorry,

It's just so frustrating, can't even read the weather without slop like that popping up everywhere.

Central Kildare is lovely this morning, albeit a little grey, after a beautiful evening and sunset last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭aidanodr

So the wait for Summer 24 continues. Next week looking cr*p as usual. Alan of carlow weather just posted this on X

The ECMWF ensembles show a big shift for next week with that warmer air a lot less likely and much risk of rain but huge uncertainty beyond Monday. Take any heatwave forecasts with a pinch of salt for now!

https://x.com/CarlowWeather/status/1803706369553391758

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

All heat and fine weather gone from the latest ECM charts, replaced by a large low with cool winds and deluges of rain, to think only this morning met eireann were showing 25 degrees and a nice warm easterly breeze. what a pathetic climate.

this morning - warm or very warm with temperatures in the low to mid twenties

now

Further Outlook: Some uncertainty and possibly unsettled.

gas.

Saturday, Sunday & Monda will be nice, but alas, looks like Summer has been put on hold for another couple of weeks…but you never know what way the models will shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I've seen plenty of rubbish on FB the last while in particular. Weather manipulation and all that. One comment i came across a few weeks ago claimed our very wet weather that we have had in this country the last yr or so was down to cloud seeding lol. When I said it was due to plenty of low pressure in our vicinity being the reason they replied there are other ways to manipulate the weather lol.

🤣

I sometimes wonder how some people manage to put one foot in front of the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Currently cloudy for most

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The GFS performing very well this summer so far, it was the first to signal the prolonged cold first half to June and it never really went for a proper spell of dry and settled weather next week, nothing more than a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

It will likely be unsettled most of the Summer but there will be short warm settled spells and next week will be one of those. Have a feeling August could turn this Summer on its head compared to other years

A hot August but the rest sh1t as opposed to most recent Summers decent enough bar August...not last year in the East though.

Even Western Europe is having a bad time of it this year. Plenty of rain and cool weather there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I can't find the clip now but yesterday on Twitter someone posted a clip of that Sharon Keogan one bringing up spraying of chemicals to change the weather in the f**king Seanad. This is the world we live in now ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

18 7c in Markree yesterday our warmest day so far this Summer. 14c again today. 24c next week. Finner only got 15c yesterday and checked my ownbl thermometer and 16.9c . So 20 days gone and still no 20c here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

To be fair I would say the last 6 weeks have been dry and settled. Cold temps yes but we've hardly had any rain or wind.

Mace Head had a dry May (60% of LTA) and is only showing 20mm of rain so far in June. Average for June is 82mm. Mace Head is usually very wet.

I feel like we've had many weeks of perfect walking, GAA, fishing and golfing weather if you can handle the cold temps. Not much swimming done yet but I usually leave that until July-Sept.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like a narrow band of rain has developed in Leinster, stretching from Kilkenny to Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Yep, light rain here in South Kildare for the last 45 mins or so, looks to be clearing up now, blue skies to the west again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Light rain now in Celbridge. Hopefully short lived! I have a lot of garden tasks that need to be done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

it’s supposedly over me in south carlow. But there hasn’t been a drop.

Looks like just shìmmied on by us here in my part of Meath. Its a humid day-wonder if UV high at the same time for sunburn. Oh well I'll know when the young lad home from school🫣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Another +20°C day. Cloudy with sunny spells. N Tipp

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement