Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

Only 13c to 15c in the West and parts of the North. Much more pleasant everywhere else. I haven't been warm in June yet. Sun was warm yesterday but wind was baltic.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭gilly1910

Another +20 degree day in North Tipperary!! We must all move to the Costa del North Tipperary, as while the rest of the country has been suffering what seems like one of the coldest Junes ever, it's been practically a heatwave in North Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

watching this in a fleece lined winter jacket in front of a portable fan heater, this country is the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I had booked a trip out west for next week but had to cancel it a week ago. I was raging earlier in the week that I was potentially missing a fine week to be off but now possible I may have dodged a weather bullet. Will use my leave for a nice week away to the continent in September I think, I fear this summer will be an unsettled one on our own shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

where has this hot air appeared from! 21c and very humid. N Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

the mirror reporting that Met Eireann has issued a “heat alert”!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭appledrop

Beautiful evening for the longest day of the year.

This Is more like it😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

No heatwave next week according to Norwegian Met

Sunday likely a warm day and Monday but then cock.

I have to agree that their is to much conspiracy theories, I am gonna leave it at that , current conditions here in carrick is overcast with some spits of rain and temperatures 15c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Cold, dark, wet evening in a strong blustery wind, reminds me of a bad day in late october. West Mayo.

Happy solstice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Yeah, I knew you'd post that one.

That's not the met office though is it, that's some fella trying to get YouTube views by clipping a MO video and putting on a caption to suit his spin. If you listen to and watch the actual video put out by the MO you'll find the MO say no such thing, they explain that they are exploring theories/methods as part of research. They don't say they are "spraying the skies" as you put it.

Anyway, it's very warm and muggy, central Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Beautiful warm calm evening in south Dublin.
    The patio has soaked up the heat of the day like a storage heater and is currently nice and toasty on my bare feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met Eireanns hourly forecast has updated, earlier it was showing heavy rain from 6am-3pm for Galway City, now it's showing much lighter rain from 1pm until 6pm. Why such a drastic change less than 12 hours out?

Edit: Nevermind, it was an app glitch. Showing me Dublin's weather yet saying it's Galway. Reset the app and it's back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

There are soom loons out there. Was in Penny's the other day and overheard 3 of them having a full blown conversation about cloud seeding triggering all our rain! Last summer one sunny day a man who i thought was joking at first pointed up to the "chemtrails" in the sky. I was stunned he was gone down that rabbit hole. Years ago most of the cranks in the world were isolated and probably questioned their own foolish beliefs, now Facebook has helped them link up and form echo chsmbers.

Any back to the weather. Cracking day here in the Midlands. Got out for some golf and the weather was just perfect for it. Came home and done a bit of painting out back, and while it is a suntrap the heat of the sun was sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Super heat all evening Meath at the kids activities. Meanwhile the brother was freezing at the kids activities in Galway. Now that's some contrast hee hee

Currently 18⁰ Meath

Not Looking forward to tomorrow and heading to Aviva Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

In memory of the great actor Donald Sutherland who died today.

The original Cloud Seeder.

RIP

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RIP oddball.

Felt like it turned into summer this evening. Dublin city centre was packed with people sitting outside comfortably for once.

Current temperatures 🌡 very warm out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cloudy and breezy in N Kildare this morning 13c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

wondering if there’s a possibility this rain will die out before it gets here. In south east. Have hay down and almost ready for baling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I do wonder sometimes that I'd appreciate summer more if I refrain from chasing it in forecasts. So many days do sound like they aren't going to be great only to turn out pretty well relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Don't think so I'm afraid. The high resolution models and the 'now-cast' models are all showing rain reaching the east coast around lunch time. Amounts won't be large though, maybe 5-8mm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

You didn't specify which station so here's all 3.

Dublin Apt: 16.9C (+2.1C above average)

Casement: 17.2C (+1.8C above average)

Phoenix Park: 17.7C (*+1.9C above average, *estimate)

I have a thread below for posting stats but I've not been very active on it past few years. Most recently did an analysis on May and June 2023 to hopefully alleviate the false memories that keep popping up on here about it. Keep meaning to do one on summer 1989 which interestingly had one of the coldest first 10 days of June on record but was exceptionally warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Robwindstorm

It looks like you'll miss the first band of rain but the second band looks quite heavy and will reach you around 3pm. If you don't get it done fits, leave it to shake out and you'll get to bale it on Sunday or Monday. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

21C and fair skies, was expecting rain this morning, lovely day out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Stunning day and quite warm in Dublin city centre today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Miserable in Cork City - like a wet Autumn day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Terrible day in Galway lashing rain and feels very cold for June 13.8 degrees on my station

Advertisement