Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Heavy rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Kinda starting to rain here now , feeling fairly nippy now

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rugbyf565

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'll answer this when the daily data for June 2024 gets updated to the historical database which should be later this week or early next week at latest I'd have thought. I cannot be bothered to select each individual day and log each daily mean wind speed at the moment from June. Would be much less tedious if the daily data page had a simple previous and forward arrow to go onto the next or prior day rather than having to select the date each time then press go and wait for the page to late. If I remember correctly, you're based in Dublin?

As with the above, await the Met historical database to update for June. However, Meteociel give 06-06 mean max values that give us a reasonable estimate though not all the time and can sometimes wildly differ to the official 09-09 or in the case of met.ie 00-00 values.

Dublin Apt: 17.8C (+0.1C above 91-20)

Casement: 17.7C (-0.3C below 91-20)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Back from a week in Lanzarote. Sooooo dull here. Raining now. Pretty depressing really.

14⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Thanks fits, mapaputsi and dominating for the well wishes. Just as regards the summer wedding in Ireland, it's nice to try something different and have it outdoors . Of course it's a toss of a coin on the day weather wise, but when you hire a country house 7 months in advance for a small wedding with lots of young kids milling around, it's worth a try. We are not totally dependent on this scenario as we can move it indoors up to 1 hours notice. Even with the Irish summer you would think you have a 60 to 70 % chance of having at least a dry few daylight hours in July. It just seems the jetstream has slipped south just at the wrong time for me. I'm still hoping for that little ridge of high pressure.

Advertisement