Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭pureza

Suns out again in Arklow,already 19c

This is the third lovely day in a row here

Certainly not cold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'm not really at all surprised it's a cold Summer this year. Sure our Summers are different every year. Last year was a wet one and a few warm ones before that and since 2015 was the last cold one and 2011 this year is another cold one that's kinda been due. We are NOT the Mediterranean lest people forget.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

At the moment absolutely none. There were hints of this pattern breaking mid month to allow warmer and dryer weather from the south but those seem to be put to bed again. the models keep this cool and unsettled north-westerly flow going right to the very end of FI which takes us to the third week of July.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun's out now in Greystones. 20c now. Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Ninja shower. Hammering down here. N Kildare

I'm slowly making my way over to camp negative about this summer……..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining every few minutes here in Meath, cool breezy and wet. July is turning into another pig shaped turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Yeah, looks to have brightened up through the window, but there is actually continuous fine rain. Very windy also.

Yep, as soon as it was here, was gone just as quick and has brightened up.

I have given up with my garden for this year.

Even the weeds i'm getting out by the roots are taking the pi$$ out of my by popping up every coule of days.

Still though, i have a couple more foreign trips in the Sun to look forward to before the year closes and will be sure to post regular pictures of random Palm trees while you all sit in gloom come september

20 mins down the M50 in Greystones,and you can don your bathing suit in 20c and still receive lmfm on your portable transister radio…

(Lmfm's signal doesnt go as far as Arklow and listening on the phone just wouldn't be the same)

Be sure to wear Sunscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I really like the sound of Madeira. It says average high/low in July is 26/21. Not bad at all. Tell us more.

I went to Greece last September and I baked in 30C+. It was a diving holiday so I was able to escape the sun. However what bothered me the most was the state of the sea life in the Med. I notice it every time I go there. The Med sea is dying. Various factors at play e.g. pollution, climate change etc. The reefs are definitely getting bleached with the sun and there is less and less sea life every time we go. Saw the same in the Red Sea.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Madeira is known as the Hawaii of Europe,even though its mid Atlantic off Africa

You should google a few youtube videos

Ryanair fly there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lovely sunny, warm, windy, dry day.

Getting anxious that I'm not hanging out any clothes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I absolutely will do.

Is it similar to Cape Verde?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its July and we have not had even one warm night so far..the nights in winter were warmer with all the wind and rain...it was 26 degrees at 8 oclock at night in lapland a few days ago...if we go right up to the arctic we will still get a warmer summer🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Turned into a lovely day here with fair weather and currently 21.1C, decent enough.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21.5c now in Greystones.

Nothing like Cape Verde Cluedo.

Cape Verde has a more tropical climate and wouldn't get the rainfall Madeira gets. Also MUCH hotter in Cape Verde. Was in Praia in May about 6 years ago. Jesus it was hot. Felt similar to Carribean climate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Billcarson

My daughter who is 9 woke up in the middle of the night one night last week complaining that she was too warm, she wasn't sick or anything. Think my kids take after me with their dislike of heat, not that's it been too warm of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

A gentle upward curve in temperatures and heights beyond this weekend. Lower than average precipitation for next week.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Shan Doras

It it my imagination or does this summer feel like 2008?

• Advertisement

It is 3c warmer here in the Southeast than met Éireann said and 5c warmer than MT's forecast

Saturday it rained all day when it was supposed to clear by lunchtime and monday it cleared in the morning when it was supposed to rain all day

This is the 3rd 20c+ in the SE in a row

Why are our weather forecasters getting it so wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Yeah it's a smashing afternoon here, much better than forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Much prefer Cool and Dry than Hot and Wet weather tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Nice in Dublin as well…lovely blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Over cast here in carrick 16c some nippy nights ahead with 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mykrodot

"……..as you all sit in the gloom come September"?

Are you the only person on Boards that is allowed to fly in September? You do know many of us regularly go abroad, numerous times a year. We just don't post pictures of palm trees as though we invented them, that's a bit immature.

Holidays are part of life for most people these days, nothing to brag about. Its a given you will get sun and warm temperatures on a foreign holiday, that's why I don't understand people posting holiday pics on an Irish weather thread.

Posting photos of this country is different as we are discussing the weather in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Lovely sunshine now. Trying to sit out and get some Vitamin D, but it's very windy. I really need to get someone to install a proper washing line - the clothes horse has blown over twice, so it's back to the dehumidifier unfortunately.

a better evening now in Meath after a lot of showers all afternoon, most of them light but one of them heavy. Very breezy at the moment as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Eh ye we have , last month well for me temperatures didn't drop below 17c and that's quite tropical , I know it's not a tropical night if its 20c or higher but I found it fairly warm

Advertisement