Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

was in Dublin today. Beautiful sunny and blue skies but talks of it being roasting etc are way of the mark to my mind. That omnipresent breeze was there and out of the sun it was sharp. I’d say early to mid May feel to it. Once I got to the midlands the grey slate was back and the rain started again. It was a better day than most of this summer absolutely but my opinion and just my opinion not glorious not stunning. Palma Majorca today was 27 degrees and sunshine that to me would be glorious and stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It was a beautiful day today, surely the sunniest July day since 2021. As someone who doesn't mind cool weather, even I have to say that we could've done without that breeze today. Today feeling like May is bang on, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because frankly, a typical day in May is better than a typical July day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

And I've had to stay wrapped up in bed all day 😷🙄 better not have to wait for another 3 years to see a decently sunny July day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I spent the day in Dublin City Centre and it was a glorious day, easily the best day of the summer so far with very little competition from any other days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus, what a shower of softies!! Glorious day in Bray. Refreshing breeze once on the top of Bray head and exposed to the on shore breeze/easterly that brought out the paragliders to Bray head to ride the updraughts. Was still happy in my T-shirt up there. Sweating buckets again in the heat of the Sun once out of the breeze taking the path back down the side of the Head wishing I still had that breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

dull, damp and windy day in Cork in total contrast to the rest of the country. Not jealous at all 🫢

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Thanks very much for the well wishes. We had a great day, couldn't believe it, I thought I was in Spain. Outdoor ceremony in Boynehill House on the banks of the boyne with the all the kids playing football on the grass. I'm off to bed after enough Rockshore and the little one is conked out beside me. The 'Wife' is still downstairs with the last few survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

One word. GRIM! Slate Grey, Moderate Rain. Not cold however, not that that brings much solace. Much the same expected for the majority of the day. N Kildare

not much you can say about this morning. I know some here think we badly needed rain. That’s not a theory I’d being saying face to face to anyone though😀😀😀even the forecast for next weekend as per ME is nothing to get too excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

What a rotten day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Your posts are never face-to-face. It's always "some poster" or "someone above". I find your posting style snide, cowardly and very bitter. Repetitive too. And let's be fair, you talk a lot of crap - constantly putting words in people's mouths. If you have something to say to a poster, use the quote button and have the courage of your convictions. A little honour would go a long way.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Report it to the mods if you have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Congrats Robwindstorm. Glad it was a great day. You got one of the best days of the year.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

Jaysus it's grim.

God love any kids on outdoor Summer camps today 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭easygoing39

At Dublin Airport now,it's like October weather outside.Where's all this global warming these green nutter's are on about??? Forecast for Porto is only slightly better for the next 7 day's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It looks like the weather got very offended that we dared to have a day like yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Man that's miserable. The commute oh man.

W E T Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Needmoretea

Congratulations Robinwindstorm! I'm glad the weather was good and the skies were so blue. Great for the photos! Big contrast to today!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tis like a November morning here in north Kildare.

What gives!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,225 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Amazing that people at this stage in their life still don't understand global warming.

Do you have a kettle? Play with it in a small room with no open windows and you'll figure it out soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It was reported yesterday that June was the warmest June on record, globally. It's truly amazing how many people here and on the likes of The Journal comments don't understand the word global.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pureza

Very wet in south Wicklow today 12.4mm so far

That's exactly what it's like. Kitchen so dark i have the light on.

One benefit i suppose i have WFH FT is didn't have to commute in that **** this morning. Poor faces at the bus stop this morning on my way back getting a coffee. Felt sorry for them….

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Zico !

The thread title here is misleading -summer.

There is no summer in Ireland there is longer daylight of pish thats all.

Cork City pish

We have basically two seasons. Spring and Autumn. Never gets too hot, never gets too cold. Always windy, and generally wet. We are as likely to see 14 degrees in January as we are in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

We are blessed in this country to have such weather.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rugbyf565

will tomorrow be another wash out in Dublin? Or can we expect it to clear after 7am?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

No it should be clear and very little rain all the way until Sunday...temperatures on the up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Seeing your breath in the wind and rain today when yesterday I was sweating like Susan Boyle in a cake shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I left a beautiful morning in the far north to travel to Cavan Monaghan area, to be met with rain.

Looks like far north might be one of the areas lucky enough today to avoid heavy rain?

Advertisement