Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Ah I’ll be grand, few ice cold ones in hand would mitigate that. Joking aside I’ve ran 10/13 milers in over 40c and never had an issue. Thankfully

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I was in Dublin today and it was very nice. Felt warm too but I am not sure what temperature.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Just drink tea in hot weather it cools you down, I drink about 10 cups a day and even more so in summer as it cools me off but also heats me up in winter 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It was fairly windy in South Wicklow today and cool in the breeze but good sunny spells in between. Threatening to rain now too, hopefully tomorrow improves a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I don't mind this spell of cool weather at all, since it has been dry - that's the most important thing for me. If the wind would just feck off, then I'd be totally content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Hail stones that fell in texas on 2nd June could break state record , just look at the comparison to a monster can 😱 other reports are saying other hail stones where 18.2cm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got to 13.6c today. Warmer than the other days. Tomorrow might threaten the 16.1c max for the month in any sun but back to 11c on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some splashes of rain here in N Kildare this morning 11c

Sunshine and cloud this morning. Rain gauge up to 23mm after drizzle last night. 11c currently .

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

won’t be popular here but honestly this weather and summer so far is pretty underwhelming. It’s more often than not cloudy cool and breezy. At least it’s dry I guess but if this is the height of our ambition of what good weather is well then the bar is truly set low. Another “glorious” morning here if you call 12 degrees and cloudy skies glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Pretty crap is how I would describe it,as you said the only saving grace is that it is relatively dry so far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gorgeous day in Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Gorgeous is probably pushing it! Pleasant tho, 17c and sunny, can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very strange weather it gets very cold early in the evening and even during the day when theres abit of cloud...it still feels warm in the sun but more like winter if cloudy and straight away in the evening...not like summer at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Was a nice day out of the breeze and luckily our garden has good shelter from SW, W and N breezes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭compsys

Not a bad day at all in Dublin. Lots of sun and temperatures got to 17º which isn't far off the average for the time of year, and given the cold uppers was pretty good.

The next few days look fairly disappointing though. But sure we live in hope!

Hopefully July and August deliver some really warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

It's very early summer and it's not been warm of late either so the ground is still quite. It's usually not until July that evenings can become pleasant in the late evenings as the ground has usually warmed up a fair bit by then. Warm late evenings and nights during settled weather in early June is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyducklings1

Maybe you are right hope so but this weather is very changeable and it is chilly especially the evenings. Plenty of colds around last few weeks as well, the only consolation is that at least it’s not lashing everyday. Still doesn’t feel too much like summer though we should know by now not to expect much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its certainly not summer weather but its not bad weather either, alot of dry cloudy weather but plenty of time to get outdoor activities done

Ya today was grand. Tomorrow will be shy tea in Sligo

15mm forecast with 1mm per hour so heavy drizzle all day on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dull start to sunday in N Kildare 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lovely day here yesterday here in NCD, plenty of sunshine and high of about 17 degrees, but felt warmer when the sun was shining.

Tomorrow looks OK but upcoming week doesn't with a max of 13/14 degrees most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭mcburns07

MT not expecting much change over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the models start to show something warmer, or July can deliver something. We're getting the best of it down South lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dark damp day here in Castlebar with low cloud mist and drizzle down on the hills. Miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It was a very pleasant day in Wicklow yesterday. Lots of sunshine and warm enough to sit out all afternoon in shorts and T-shirt. Gets cold very quickly once the sun goes down though. Not so pleasant today, overcast and only 13 degrees with a very cold breeze making it even colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Met dot ie saying its 17 degrees here in Carrigaline, the FEELS LIKE is truer though - 13 degrees with a cool breeze. Big grey cloud above us at the mo blocking the sun .. just about getting away with a teeshirt but then I dont feel the cold as much.

When the sun is out it is far warmer though, so hope this cloud shifts, though I am not optimistic as more are on the way from west it seems.

This "summer" weather reminds me of the days when we would be down in Ballyheigue with the folks on the 2 weeks hols .. out in the dunes wrapped up in several towels OR on the beach with the windbreaker huddled together with the towels and teashirts on. And if it rained, use the towels as a temp roof :D .. Ah yes the hardy Irish holiday maker on holiday in Ireland, happy dayzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

11C and rain on an early June afternoon. 5C promised tonight.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

A wet day. Malin head 9.6c 1pm. Ballypatrick forest in Antrim just 8.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I dislike warm weather, but thankfully haven't felt any warmth in the past fortnight in Dublin. A strong breeze has meant it was too cold to sit out any day recently. Drops of rain on the breeze now. I just hope the wet spell due to arrive on Thursday won't be too prolonged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

That's the muck we're under. Luckily I went for my run at 7am before this set in.

Advertisement