Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mykrodot

beautiful picture, very mystical. I used to live near Slane and was a regular visitor to the Hill of Tara before it got so busy. It was magical, so many similar views in the early morning and late evening, lovely memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Spinalonga!! I read a fantastic book about the old leper colony there, it was facsinating. I always thought it would be a place I'd love to visit. Is it hard to get there from mainland Greece?

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Bright and warm earlier before 7am on my walk. Eh, the brightness all gone now.

16° Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

July has been really dire….Cloudy yet again, 14c N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

90% humidity !

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gilly1910

Another grey depressing morning in Dublin. Not as cold as previously, but hard to imagine that we will see the sun at all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

same here gilly. I wish it didn’t sound like I was taking the you know what a lot of the time but the weather here is dire. It rained most of yesterday I’m told. Place is sodden this morning and the grey slate is almost down to the ground. Hopeful it’ll pick up during the day.

It's actually so dispiriting, somone recently said and it's so true, that people and society in general look and feel so much happier when the sun is out, and it's actually warm. If this keeps up we'll be a very depressed nation by the time this so called summer is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Needmoretea

It was actually sunny this morning in Dublin and looked like it was going to be a pleasant day, but around 9 am the clouds came. So disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Ireland would be the most beautiful place in the world if we had the weather

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another cloudy gloomy day, this summer has to be up there with one of the most cloudy first half to summers ever. I think we've only had 2 sunny days here in Meath since June 1st and about 3 days where the temperature has gotten above 20C.

Yesterday was the midway point to summer so we are now into the second half of summer with Autumn in our sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭giveitholly

After a misty and drizzly start to the day it has really brightened up and the sun is out now,lovely day now thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

What do people find most accurate forecast App/ site for North East Coast USA (NY,CT and MA) weather please?

Heading for 2 weeks...even only few days out getting big variations in forecast. Weather channel and accuweather seem popular and recommended. I use YR for Europe but think based on ECM.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Overcast but dry and the biting wind has back off over the last few days - 16.5 degrees

Slim pickings but we have to take what we get in West Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Sun breaking out now in Dublin..turning out nicely now

I saw that, I went for a late lunch, and was quite happy to see the strange big yellow thing that we don't see very often appear from behind a mass of clouds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing when the sun finally popped out around 4pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭pureza

Gorgeous day in Arklow today

High of 22.1c

Still 19.6c as I type

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Banarol

It was a warm sunny day in Mid Tipp with a high of 21.3C. It’s clouded over now but still pleasant

not a bad evening here. If you’d get every evening like this you’d take it at this stage. Cloudy but not grey slate, not cold and relatively still. The sun was in and out this afternoon. It would be unremarkable normally but this June and July it’s unusual!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,247 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Very pleasant day in Galway. Good sunny spells during the day. Grass growth is slow due to the lack of rain. I don't think we've seen any decent rain since start of July. Mace Head still showing 6mm. It's coming tomorrow alright. My new trees badly need it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭adocholiday

ECM and ICON showing a wet spell coming up over the next few days with the majority of this falling on Saturday. It would be a miserable weekend for many if this pans out, lets hope it downgrades as we move through the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Saturday looks absolutely awful at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

It will downgrade. That's been the trend for a few weeks now.

Yesterday and today were forecast wet at the weekend just gone, but they turned out dry, sunny and two of the best days of the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

Calm, cool and clear apart from a mix of noctilucent and high level cloud right across to the north at Trim, Co. Meath.😍

Apologies that the phone does not even barely pick up the beauty of it.

Post edited by highdef at

one of the nicest starts if not the nicest start to a day weather wise this summer for me. Lovely blue skies and sunshine no breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Lovely bright start, should be like this for an hour before the clouds no doubt roll on in for the day with maybe a brief appearance of the Sun for about half an hour late this afternoon.

Southeast England looking at 30c at the weekend. We'll be lucky to achieve half that looking at the forecast.

Anyone on holiday, don't bother checking in for your flight home if you have the opportunity

Advertisement