Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Still quite dull and grey out but feels very warm.
    Bit of a breeze though so hopefully that freshens things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Banarol

It felt quite close here in Mid Tipp during the afternoon with a mixture of sunshine and cloud and peaking at 22.8C.Gone cloudy now and quite breezy. I generally wear shorts and t shirt from May until September but today is the first day this Summer I wore a sleeveless t shirt, it had that real close feel to it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Some difference out there today on their socials.

Humid in Meath. Dry. 22⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

So we arrive at Dublin airport this evening, I turn on the phone and it says 22 degrees and I think ah it must be the evening heat forecast for Lanzorate nope its actually temperature in Ireland😂

I had a feeling it was nice because the view approaching Dublin on the plane was breath taking, so clear we could see all the coast for about 10 mins.

You can post the cheques onto me for brining home the good weather😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rainfall up to 48mm for July in Sligo now after 15mm in past 2 days and lots more to come but if it is raining all night it might have rained itself out by lunchtime tomorrow here or even earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Raining steadily here in carrick with that southerly wind its not gonna move east as quick as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Wet, grey, 14c N. Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain, dark, thick cloud. 13C.

Leitrim.

LIghts on in kitchen, sooooo humid. A waste of heat with sky on ground and peeing rain. May find the wellies for the sideline, for the young lads football this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

wet and drizzly here in Galway. Looks like march weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A clearance to blue skies off Mayo now. A bit slower than expected and could remain fairly cloudy all day in the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another dreadful morning in Cork, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mild, overcast and drisly currently in Naas, overall not a bad winters morning.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

Dried up here in Galway. The wind is drying this up nicely. 14c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Rain is forecast for the east coast until around 6pm but seems to be clearing off a bit quicker. We might not get blue skies but a dry afternoon would be welcome.

Post edited by adocholiday on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭pureza

Unfortunately,theres a wave on the front which will slow its progress on the East coast

You can clearly see this on the radar loop as the heavier echoes moving north along the front not east

One of those echoes is over Arklow,currently

Its touch and go if Rathdrum is far enough inland to avoid it but I'd say unlikely

Its not heavy,just persistent light rain

Another cock of a day in Sligo but brightening and lunchtime on should be fine. Had 20mm of rain most of it overnight. 62mm of rain for month now.

Also in the Summer rating 7 out of 49 days have now been warmer or slightly warmer than average so we are at a rating of 15percent for Summer 2024 in terms of warmth UP from 8 percent a week or so ago. Dreadful really.

Using the warmth rating for Spring and Winter 2023/24 they were

Spring 77/92 warm 83 percent of days were warmer than average

Winter 64/91 warm 70 percent of days warmer than average

For Markree in Sligo only.

Rain cleared the West and was sunny all the way to East Roscommon on the forecast on both RTE and BBC yesterday evening

Reality at midday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Drizzle and grey sky in Galway temp 14 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Horrible day in Dublin. Not much rain, but miserable misty drizzle and grey skies. Not currently raining but feels unlikely to dry out. Dead calm today while yesterday's warm sunny evening was marred with wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

During the month of June Malin head only got above 20c once, roughly for 9.5 hours on one day. The next hottest day was briefly touching 19.5c.

The average daily high for June is only 15.3c yet that is still pretty bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

13C and drizzle. July??

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Cold, Wet, dark cloudy sky

Is it just me or does anybody else notice nearly every weekend has been wet for what seems like a very long time now.

It gets dry very fast because it’s so windy & it seems to me that whatever rainfall is evaporating back into the sky is just falling on us again in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It has cleared up nicely in the last couple of hours in Galway. Sun shining now with clouds well broken up. The evening could be lovely. Terrible golf though even though it was dry.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

All the rivers are very low across the country. Many are close to or below the 95th percentile and have been for some time.

Check out the chart for the last 5 weeks on these rivers. The rain last night will help.

Boyne ⇒

https://waterlevel.ie/0000007037/0001/

Shannon ⇒

https://waterlevel.ie/0000026027/0001/

Corrib ⇒

https://waterlevel.ie/0000030098/0001/

Completely different picture last July.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was out walking on rivers last weekend, exceptionally low, reached a part under a bridge which I have been keeping an eye on for a year ( looking for old bottles 😀), some stretches completely dried out.

Good shot of rain in Kerry overnight filling up my ponds which take water off the road and roof of the house and garage .Dull and quite cool earlier today, cleared up nicely in the afternoon, got up to 16.5C and 16C now, still fairly cool in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Dazler97

After about an inch of rain since yesterday its sunny here in carrick on shannon, turning cooler tonight with lows around 9c Compared to 14c last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Guys, can anyone define how the 'average ' is achieved for rainfall and temperatures for met eireann. Is it taken over the last 20 or 30 years for example, and is it updated yearly. Is it regionalised in any way or is all types of topography and coastline values rolled into one?

Advertisement